New Fire - KCFD/SQF - Cortez Canyon

  • Bryan Herbert
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
      KCFD and Sequoia NF
      Cortez Canyon off of Kelso Valley Rd (Jawbone Canyon)
      25+ acres running hard w/ structures threatened

      --
      Bryan Herbert - KE6ZGP
      http://bryanherbert.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
        Is that near Lake Isabella

        This message was sent via Verizon Blackberry Handheld Device.

        Cortez Canyon off of Kelso Valley Rd (Jawbone Canyon)
        25+ acres running hard w/ structures threatened

        --
        Bryan Herbert - KE6ZGP
        http://bryanherbert: <http://bryanherbert.com> .com
        http://66.116.: <http://66.116.100.4:8010/eastkern.m3u> 100.4:8010/eastkern.m3u
      • Peter S
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
          Batt 4 just requested a Type 4 strike team from ECC

          Kern 3 - Tac 3C - radio channels

          Prospect Key (Map) 110 20A

          Jawbone Canyon Rd back side of Paiutes

          Bat 1 is strike team leader

          Cottonwood Fire is the name

          AirAttack 13 was onscene the Cottonwood Fire at 1358hrs

          mention of one camper close to the flames
        • Mike Meadows
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
            KCFD sending an additional strike team for structure protection.....
            On Aug 5, 2006, at 1:41 PM, Bryan Herbert wrote:

            > KCFD and Sequoia NF
            > Cortez Canyon off of Kelso Valley Rd (Jawbone Canyon)
            > 25+ acres running hard w/ structures threatened
            >
            > --
            > Bryan Herbert - KE6ZGP
            > http://bryanherbert.com
            > http://66.116.100.4:8010/eastkern.m3u

          • hithel
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
              Sta 71 area - Cottonwood Fire - Prospect Key (Map) 110 20A

              Jawbone Canyon Rd back of Paiutes

              Air Attack 13 at scene 1358 hours

              Batt 4 requests Ty4 strike team at 1359 hrs

              mention of one camper close to flames

              Batt 1 is ST leader

              on Kern 3 - Tac 3C - radio channels

              requesting "Sequoia 2" for radio channel - requesting 2 watertenders -
              USFS - 1412 hrs

              possibly 2 dozers enroute

              (I think that Sta 71 is in the Lake Isabella area of Kern County)
            • Chris Nichols
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
                South Ops just placed an order for two air tankers to BDF and 1 air tanker to Hemet.

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
                  Calling for monsoon to redevelop by Thursday Chris. may head back to
                  the Williams, Prescott area......

                • kc6nah@juno.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
                    "South Ops just placed an order for two air tankers to BDF and 1 air
                    tanker to Hemet."

                    Did you hear South Ops over any radio frequency?

                    Hubert