Re: [SoCalFire] Re: SIERRA Fire

  • John Fisher
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 6, 2006
      Alain,
      That was Trabuco, not Trabuca. Trabuco is the name of the Ranger District in which the Sierra Fire is located. The Cleveland NF has three Ranger Districts, the Trabuco which is in the Corona/Lake Elsinore/OC area, the Palomar which is from Hwy 79 down to roughly Ramona, and the Descanso which is in southern SD County from about Laguna south to the border.

      Since I'm on a roll here, Cleveland units starting with a 2 are from the Trabuco, 3 from the Palomar and 4 from the Descanso. E.G. Engine 21 is from the Trabuco, Battalion 33 is from the Palomar and Division 4 from the Descanso.

      John

      alain_5277 <opalockamishabob@...> wrote: A few minutes ago, Cleveland [170.500 MHz] advised all personnel to
      move non-emergency traffic to the ADMIN channel, stating that, "...we
      have fire traffic on Trabuca."

      What/where is "Trabuca"?

      BTW, we are experiencing 30+ MPH gusts here in Valley Center.

      Alain

    • so5642
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 6, 2006
        This reminds me of the Weir Canyon Fire in the early 80's
      • Craig Lindstrom
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 6, 2006
          CDF Just dispatched strike team 9350 Charlie from Lucurne Valley, Phealan,
          Devore to the Sierra Fire.

          This reminds me of the Weir Canyon Fire in the early 80's

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • bbfires
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 6, 2006
            SBNF (BDF) resources committed:

            Engines: 52, 54, 12, 33, 34
            WT: 12

            BLM : 3630, 3635, 3637, 3639

            --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Lindstrom" <craigstrom@...>
            wrote:

            > CDF Just dispatched strike team 9350 Charlie from Lucurne Valley,
            Phealan,
            > Devore to the Sierra Fire.

            On Behalf

            SoCalFire-Owner@yahoogroups.com

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • thurmanm3
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 6, 2006
              November 1982; started in the old rocket test facility in Weir Canyon,
              blew all the way into Orange Park Acres. Lost homes in Anaheim Hills,
              Orange and Villa Park. Ran 50,000 plus acres before it was done.
              Spent 11 days from initial attack to demob.

              --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "so5642" <so5642@...> wrote:

              > This reminds me of the Weir Canyon Fire in the early 80's

            • Mike Meadows
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 6, 2006
                Trabuco canyon is in OC Alain...maybe a spot fire.....

                http://mail.yahoo.com