Re: [SoCalFire] Fw: [firerad2] Major Brush Fire - San Diego CA

  • Nicolas Sosa
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
      I can hear Montevista on 151.190 and it sounds pretty hairy! Taking about
      evacuating a small town, Sounds live RRU is sending back up.

      Chris Halladay wrote:

> [...]
    • John Fisher
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
        So let me get this straight... in the ten minutes since I sent the original email, PeterS put it on his Fire Radio2 list, but with no fire radio info. Then somewhere along the line, Chris Halladay sent it somewhere? Amazing!
        JF
        Nicolas Sosa <Nicolas@...> wrote: I can hear Montevista on 151.190 and it sounds pretty hairy! Taking about

        Chris Halladay wrote:

> [...]

      • Nicolas Sosa
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
          I can hear it as 151.190 Saboba I.C. or is this another one?

          John Fisher wrote:

          > So let me get this straight... in the ten minutes since I sent the original email, PeterS put it on his Fire Radio2 list, but with no fire radio info. Then somewhere along the line, Chris Halladay sent it somewhere? Amazing!
          > JF
          > Nicolas Sosa <Nicolas@...> wrote: I can hear Montevista on 151.190 and it sounds pretty hairy! Taking about
          > evacuating a small town, Sounds live RRU is sending back up.

        • Chris Halladay
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
            John:

            The somewhere that I forwarded this note is to both SoCalFire and SoCalScan. It is Nicholas Sosa that added the frequency information. I am a very long way away from that fire!! I live in Fresno!!

            I subscribe to quite a few scanner lists. I own and moderate one (CenCalScan). It is based at Smartgroups.

            Chris Halladay
            List Owner & Moderator
            CenCalScan@smartgroups,com
            http://www.geocities.com/scannut93711/
            trek5150@...
            ICQ: 4215200
            Fresno, CA

            Chris Halladay wrote:

> [...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Nicolas Sosa
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
              John, I appreciate the heads up on the fire as I am in the eastern San Gabriel Valley and can only hear Montevista 151.190 actually rather clear, the updates are great and Chris here is listening with his eyes all the way in Fresno,
              imagine that!

              Chris Halladay wrote:

              > John:
              >
              > The somewhere that I forwarded this note is to both SoCalFire and SoCalScan. It is Nicholas Sosa that added the frequency information. I am a very long way away from that fire!! I live in Fresno!!
              >
              > I subscribe to quite a few scanner lists. I own and moderate one (CenCalScan). It is based at Smartgroups.
              >
              > Chris Halladay
              > List Owner & Moderator
              > CenCalScan@smartgroups,com
              > http://www.geocities.com/scannut93711/
              > trek5150@...
              > ICQ: 4215200
              > Fresno, CA

            • Scott Underwood
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
                Soboba IC is on RRU2 151.175MHz (94.8Hz) and is in Riverside County.
                CDF TAC 10 -- 151.400
                .25 acre light fuel, moderate rate of spread, surrounded by roads.

                Tecate is on 151.190 in San Diego County. Roughly 80 miles south of it.

                John Fisher wrote:

                > So let me get this straight... in the ten minutes since I sent the
                original email, PeterS put it on his Fire Radio2 list, but with no fire
                radio info. Then somewhere along the line, Chris Halladay sent it
                somewhere? Amazing!
                > JF
                > Nicolas Sosa <Nicolas@...> wrote: I can hear Montevista
                on 151.190 and it sounds pretty hairy! Taking about
                > evacuating a small town, Sounds live RRU is sending back up.

              • Nicolas Sosa
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
                  Scott, Thanks for the clarification. Thought it was really big, it's dry and
                  windy out there no doubt. Gotta get this baby K.O'd or it's gonna be a long
                  week for those guys.

                  Scott Underwood wrote:

                  > Soboba IC is on RRU2 151.175MHz (94.8Hz) and is in Riverside County.
                  > CDF TAC 10 -- 151.400
                  > .25 acre light fuel, moderate rate of spread, surrounded by roads.
                  >
                  > Tecate is on 151.190 in San Diego County. Roughly 80 miles south of it.

                • Nicolas Sosa
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
                    Just heard LACo FD dispatch (470.5375mHZ) a strike team down to the Tecate
                    Incident.

                    Scott Underwood wrote:

                    > Soboba IC is on RRU2 151.175MHz (94.8Hz) and is in Riverside County.
                    > CDF TAC 10 -- 151.400
                    > .25 acre light fuel, moderate rate of spread, surrounded by roads.
                    >
                    > Tecate is on 151.190 in San Diego County. Roughly 80 miles south of it.

                  • Scott Underwood
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
                      "94 IC".
                      Helicopter 301 from RRU in route to Monte Vista.

                      [ http://cad.chp.ca.gov/ii.asp?Center=BOCC&LogNumber=0391D1208 ]

                      12:27PM - NEED EMORY CLOSED
                      12:27PM - 1039 STA M, FD SCENE COMMANDER, AT WARD EGG RANCH OR STAR RTE EGG
                      RANCH 94/HARRIS RANCH AND COME IN FM THE WEST
                      12:24PM - WHEN WE HAVE CP SET UP ADVISE WHERE THAT WILL BE BECAUSE FIRE IS
                      GETTING CLOSE
                      12:15PM - PER STA M NEED SOMEONE TO RESTRICT TRAFFIC POTRERO PARK DR IF WE
                      HAVE ANYONE ELSE
                      12:12PM - BP 1 MILE JEO HARRIS RANCH ROAD ON HWY 94, NEEDS CHP TO TAKE OVER
                      THE CLOSURE
                      12:12PM - PER STA M, 108-65 S RADIO IS BO, HE ADV THEM THAT HE IS CURRENTLY
                      SHUTTING DOWN THE RD 94 AT FOREST GATE
                      12:03PM - STA M REQ US TO TURN TRAFFIC BACK 94 AT FOREST GATE NOT AT BUCKMAN
                      12:03PM - 1039 CALTRANS - D SIEVERT / AREA SUPT (6-5-0)
                      12:00PM - 65 HAS BS AT 94 BLKD
                      11:59AM - HIGH WIND ADVISORY NEEDED FOR HIGH PROFILE VEH IN DULZURA AREA
                      11:48AM - SDSO IS REQ TRAFFIC STOPPED AT 188
                      11:43AM - ENTIRE TOWN OF POTRERO BEING EVACUATED
                      11:42AM - WILL ALSO NEED TO CLOSE SR94
                      11:42AM - W SIDE - STOP TRAFFIC AT BUCKMAN SPRINGS
                      11:36AM - DUE TO FIRE
                      11:36AM - FD ASKING CHP TO CLOSE 94 AT 188 AND AT CAMPO
                      11:35AM - BRUSH FIRE ON NORTH SIDE AND HEADING TOWARDS SOUTH SIDE

                      Scott Underwood wrote:

                      > Soboba IC is on RRU2 151.175MHz (94.8Hz) and is in Riverside County.
                      > CDF TAC 10 -- 151.400
                      > .25 acre light fuel, moderate rate of spread, surrounded by roads.
                      >
                      > Tecate is on 151.190 in San Diego County. Roughly 80 miles south of it.

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Scott Underwood
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
                        (And now they are calling it something else.) ;-)
                        This is getting real interesting.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
                          Perhaps it's getting a bit too hairy down there, when your in the trenches I
                          doubt what the I.C.'s called really matters!

                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
                            Just hear major structure problem on west end of fire off Potrero Valley Rd on
                            151.190, 30 mph winds with 50 mph gusts!

                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
                              Nicolas:

                              Will you or someone else please keep posting updates on this incident? I am in Fresno, so, I cannot monitor this on my scanner. Also, I am going to be away from my computer to attend a church Christmas dinner tonight.

                              Thanks,
                              Chris Halladay
                              List Owner & Moderator

                              Nicolas Sosa wrote:

                              > Perhaps it's getting a bit too hairy down there, when your in the trenches I
                              > doubt what the I.C.'s called really matters!
                              >
                              > Scott Underwood wrote:
                              >
                              > > (And now they are calling it something else.) ;-)
                              > > This is getting real interesting.

                            • Irishfiregirrl
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 8, 2001
                                This fire was out in 20 min. small column of light grass. I almost went to it,
                                saw the column and near there was no structures nearby (unless you count the
                                "Wild West Paintball Park")and it was near San Jacinto river side of Soboba
                                Road. By this time the Bell Fire in Vail Valley was named. The strike team call
                                out on it was scary (as in I was tired and not wanting to go to huge vegetation
                                fire). More on Bell next.

                                http://greetings.yahoo.com