Re: [SoCalFire] Re: Anyone catch this at 6:28 P.M. this evening...?

  • Don Root
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 6, 2006
      alain_5277 wrote:
      > Hi Don et.al,
      >
      > I am in Valley Center. I did omit a crutial part of the callsign though...
      >
      > The callsign was "WNCD[T?]524." This will surely make a difference.
      >
      > Apologies to all, but it's difficult to concentrate with two children
      > hanging around your neck...
      >
      > Alain

      Not a problem.

      Neither WNCD 524 or WNCT 524 appear in the FCC database.

      Don
    • bbfires
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2006
        I'm not sure of the significance of the following info. that I got
        from sampling the 12 licenses for 151.220:

        Call: WNMQ274
        Transmitter street: "Camp San Luis Obispo" = National Guard (Site for
        Cuesta Conservation Camp (CDC/CDF))

        WNLZ654, "Trans St" address = Delta Conservation Camp (CDC/CDF)

        WNKY523, " , McCain Conservation Camp (CDC/CDF)

        WNKY524, " , CDC, Cal. Institute for Women (formerly "Frontera"), CDF
        Training Center for female crews.

        KBC312, " , Ramona Air Attack Base

        some of the other calls = other CDF Air Attack Bases

        I didn't Google the other "Transmitter Street"(s).

        --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, Don Root <k6cdo@c...> wrote:

        > bbfires wrote:
        >
        > > I don't know the callsign, but it sounds like a radio tech testing one
        > > of the CDC Conservation Camp radios. If memory serves me right, most
        > > or all of the CDC Conservation Camps are licensed for that freq..
        >
        > Actually, the state has a total of 12 licenses on the channel, almost
        > all less than 25 watts, and none with that letter group. 151.220 was
        > used in the now-defunct NHP VHF system, at high power from some high
        > sites, which is why I asked where Alain is located.
        >
        > Don

      • Don Root
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 6, 2006
          bbfires wrote:

          > I'm not sure of the significance of the following info. that I got
          > from sampling the 12 licenses for 151.220:
          >
          > Call: WNMQ274
          > Transmitter street: "Camp San Luis Obispo" = National Guard (Site for
          > Cuesta Conservation Camp (CDC/CDF))
          >
          > WNLZ654, "Trans St" address = Delta Conservation Camp (CDC/CDF)
          >
          > WNKY523, " , McCain Conservation Camp (CDC/CDF)
          >
          > WNKY524, " , CDC, Cal. Institute for Women (formerly "Frontera"), CDF
          > Training Center for female crews.
          >
          > KBC312, " , Ramona Air Attack Base
          >
          > some of the other calls = other CDF Air Attack Bases
          >
          > I didn't Google the other "Transmitter Street"(s).

          It is called "Protect the channel from encroachment."

          A statewide mobile and/or Temp base license signifies 'secondary use' in
          the eyes of the FCC, and offers no protection from the Swamp Meadows
          Parks and Recreation District from licensing on the channel through a
          particular Coordinator.

          Having a number of base stations around the state plus the statewide
          mobile license defends the 'statewide' allocation that most of the
          Coordinators recognize.

          Don
        • R O'Connor
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 6, 2006
            My guess is water tender testing a new NBFM radio. With the new radio requirements their will be a lot of testing the next few months both public agency and private contractors get ready for 2006 season.
            Bob
            > I'm not sure of the significance of the following info. that I got
            > from sampling the 12 licenses for 151.220:
            >
            > Call: WNMQ274
            > Transmitter street: "Camp San Luis Obispo" = National Guard (Site for
            > Cuesta Conservation Camp (CDC/CDF))
            >
            > WNLZ654, "Trans St" address = Delta Conservation Camp (CDC/CDF)
            >
            > WNKY523, " , McCain Conservation Camp (CDC/CDF)
            >
            > WNKY524, " , CDC, Cal. Institute for Women (formerly "Frontera"), CDF
            > Training Center for female crews.
            >
            > KBC312, " , Ramona Air Attack Base
            >
            > some of the other calls = other CDF Air Attack Bases
            >
            > I didn't Google the other "Transmitter Street"(s).

            It is called "Protect the channel from encroachment."

            A statewide mobile and/or Temp base license signifies 'secondary use' in
            the eyes of the FCC, and offers no protection from the Swamp Meadows
            Parks and Recreation District from licensing on the channel through a
            particular Coordinator.

            Having a number of base stations around the state plus the statewide
            mobile license defends the 'statewide' allocation that most of the
            Coordinators recognize.

            Don

            Yahoo! Groups Links