Poss Plane Crash - Escondido City

  • sh9730
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
      Reports of at least 1, poss 2 planes down into structure with fire in
      City of Escondido. Working on North RCS FD North Command 3 TG 1008.
    • sh9730
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
        Sounds like multiple structure fires as a result. Requesting 2 Type 1
        Strike teams.

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
          IC requesting Type 3 strike team and aircraft from CDF now.

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
            Only additional I can glean so far is a medium size jet into
            the "Rose Elementary School". Good thing school not in session!!

            --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@g...> wrote:

            > IC requesting Type 3 strike team and aircraft from CDF now.
            >
            > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@g...>
            wrote:

            > > Sounds like multiple structure fires as a result. Requesting 2
            Type 1
            > > Strike teams.
            > >
            > > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@g...>
            wrote:

            > > > Reports of at least 1, poss 2 planes down into structure with
            fire
            > in
            > > > City of Escondido. Working on North RCS FD North Command 3 TG
            1008.

          • John
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
              This may well be training. Not near enough screaming on the radio. And I haven't actually heard any actual dispatches, just requests.

              Note that they aren't using actual strike team numbers, but rather talking about Strike Team Leader xxxx with xxxx being some chief's ID, not a strike team ID.

              John

              sh9730 <johnmsandiego@...> wrote: IC requesting Type 3 strike team and aircraft from CDF now.

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
                Yeah...I was just thinking same thing...but hadnt heard
                anything....and why are they using North Cmd 3 and asking for
                additional Tac Channels etc...

                --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, John <thefishmail@y...> wrote:

                > This may well be training. Not near enough screaming on the
                radio. And I haven't actually heard any actual dispatches, just
                requests.

                > Note that they aren't using actual strike team numbers, but
                rather talking about Strike Team Leader xxxx with xxxx being some
                chief's ID, not a strike team ID.

                > John
                >
                > sh9730 <johnmsandiego@g...> wrote: IC requesting Type 3
                strike team and aircraft from CDF now.

                > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@g...>
                wrote:

                > > Sounds like multiple structure fires as a result. Requesting 2
                Type 1
                > > Strike teams.
                > >
                > > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@g...>
                wrote:

                > > > Reports of at least 1, poss 2 planes down into structure with
                fire
                > in
                > > > City of Escondido. Working on North RCS FD North Command 3
                TG 1008.

              • Tim Tribble
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
                  Confirming this is a drill

                  Tim Tribble
                • sh9730
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
                    Yeah...this must be...absolutely NO traffic about this on the PD
                    side...Sheesh...sorry everyone...initially sounded VERY real and they
                    never did any of the obligatory "this is drill only" announcements....

                    --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@g...> wrote:

                    > Yeah...I was just thinking same thing...but hadnt heard
                    > anything....and why are they using North Cmd 3 and asking for
                    > additional Tac Channels etc...
                    >
                    > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, John <thefishmail@y...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > This may well be training. Not near enough screaming on the
                    > radio. And I haven't actually heard any actual dispatches, just
                    > requests.
                    > >
                    > > Note that they aren't using actual strike team numbers, but
                    > rather talking about Strike Team Leader xxxx with xxxx being some
                    > chief's ID, not a strike team ID.
                    > >
                    > > John
                    > >
                    > > sh9730 <johnmsandiego@g...> wrote: IC requesting Type 3
                    > strike team and aircraft from CDF now.
                    > >
                    > > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@g...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Sounds like multiple structure fires as a result. Requesting
                    2
                    > Type 1
                    > > > Strike teams.
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730"
                    <johnmsandiego@g...>

                    > fire
                    > > in
                    > TG 1008.

                  • F350 Mud Bogger
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
                      That's got to be a drill.

                      sh9730 wrote:

                      > Only additional I can glean so far is a medium size jet into
                      > the "Rose Elementary School". Good thing school not in session!!
                      >
                      > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@g...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > IC requesting Type 3 strike team and aircraft from CDF now.
                      > >
                      > > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@g...>
                      > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Sounds like multiple structure fires as a result. Requesting 2
                      > Type 1
                      > > > Strike teams.
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <johnmsandiego@g...>

                      > fire
                      > > in
                      > 1008.

                      > SoCalFire-Owner@yahoogroups.com

                      > Hobby and craft supply
                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobbies+and+crafts&w4=Ham+radio&c=4&s=84&.sig=Sz5ebNg-ZsVyHTzaR4PnAg>
                      > Craft hobby
                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobbies+and+crafts&w4=Ham+radio&c=4&s=84&.sig=_8V4kQCK4PEN_MzUUBx-hQ>
                      > Hobbies and crafts
                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobbies+and+crafts&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobbies+and+crafts&w4=Ham+radio&c=4&s=84&.sig=J-__6L1W_lZQ58dekNdHLA>
                      >
                      > Ham radio
                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobbies+and+crafts&w4=Ham+radio&c=4&s=84&.sig=OzrEr-gq6h7guAFs73WsoQ>

                    • John
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
                        In case anyone thought that this list wasn't somewhat important, I got phone calls from a couple of different folks at OES asking about this drill/plane crash. I think they may have thought that I was JohnM. This list is monitored and info posted here can and does make it to the State Warning Center. I do believe that folks in the Escondido/San Marcos area have now had a very recent discussion on the importance of the words, "This is a drill".

                        Folks here do a great job picking up on incidents, but we do have to be a little careful to check sources, much like news reporters. Unless of course your name is Jayson Blaine and you work for the New York Times. ;)

                        John Fisher

                        sh9730 <johnmsandiego@...> wrote: Yeah...this must be...absolutely NO traffic about this on the PD

                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
                          Yeah...I feel bad about this!! As most here know...Im not a
                          novice...and I did wait several minutes before posting to see if I
                          heard anything that would have indicated a drill..or false
                          reports.....and believe me...the initial size ups and resource
                          requests sounded VERY real....and it was on Cmd 3...a TG that is
                          usally used for actual incidents...not drill traffic!

                          However, in this case though part of fault is definetely mine....See,
                          I normally dont monitor Esc FD Disp TG (too much traffic and not near
                          me), but I DO monitor North MA Command 3 where Esc FD conducts most
                          of their major incidents...hence when I hear traffic on that TG it is
                          usually worth listening too...

                          But as John (the other one..) picked up before I did...there was no
                          additional resource dispatches occurring which would have been a tip
                          off...but since I wasnt monitoring the Disp TG I didnt know that...

                          Mea culpa...mea culpa....

                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
                            wrote:

                            > Yeah...I feel bad about this!! As most here know...Im not a
                            > novice...and I did wait several minutes before posting to see if I
                            > heard anything that would have indicated a drill..or false
                            > reports.....and believe me...the initial size ups and resource
                            > requests sounded VERY real....and it was on Cmd 3...a TG that is
                            > usally used for actual incidents...not drill traffic!
                            >
                            > However, in this case though part of fault is definetely
                            mine....See,
                            > I normally dont monitor Esc FD Disp TG (too much traffic and not
                            near
                            > me), but I DO monitor North MA Command 3 where Esc FD conducts
                            most
                            > of their major incidents...hence when I hear traffic on that TG it
                            is
                            > usually worth listening too...
                            >
                            > But as John (the other one..) picked up before I did...there was
                            no
                            > additional resource dispatches occurring which would have been a
                            tip
                            > off...but since I wasnt monitoring the Disp TG I didnt know that...
                            >
                            > Mea culpa...mea culpa....

                            JohnM,

                            It's not a huge deal. First and foremost as JohnF stated, Escondido
                            is getting educated. They should have stated this is a drill, drill
                            message, etc.

                            I have had the same thing happen here in Sacramento on White 1.
                            Believe me that got a lot of peoples attention. Again the incident
                            forgot to preface with the drill dialog. That got fixed really fast.
                            Not only do scanner enthusiasts monitor White 1 but so do most Fire
                            Comm Centers. Lots of phone calls on that one.

                            Keep listening, keep reporting, keep us all on our toes!!

                            Tim Tribble
                            Co-Moderator
                          • John
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 21, 2005
                              Not meant as a criticism of you John, just a reminder that some public safety professionals do use this list as an intelligence gathering source. I've seen many other posts from you that are very professional. I do get a little bent at the "me too" and "thanks" posts because I am trying to distill out important info, but then, I'm not the list owner.

                              I don't have my last name listed on my posts because I don't want anything I say to be interpreted as "official", but perhaps I should start. That may have contributed to the confusion a little as well.

                              John Fisher

                              sh9730 <johnmsandiego@...> wrote: Yeah...I feel bad about this!! As most here know...Im not a