RE: Re: [SoCalFire] LOD

  • 7142706136@cingularME.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 7, 2005
      Yes, we are sure!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 07:57:41 -0800
      To: 7142706136@...
      Subject: Re: [SoCalFire] LOD

      >Are we sure this really happened? I mean I can't find any mention of this story anywhere which in a sense really pisses me off. Here you have a LODD and there isn't any mention o

      Brought to you by, Cingular Wireless Messaging
      http://www.CingularMe.COM/
    • Firehouse Yahoo
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 7, 2005
        I saw it on ABC on Sunday, but it didn't hit any local newspaper before today then it was listed as "man dies in fire". That pissed me off so I wrote to the Press Enterprise, now I see it has been changed to "firefighter dies in blaze".

        I guess I saw how much coverage was given to Chris Kanton and here you have the first LODD for the Riverside City FD and the local paper treats it like it's just another article. I think they need to realize anytime a FF dies in the LOD it's tragic for everyone!
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 7, 2005
          When I posted this 2 nights ago, I hadn't seen anything from the SoCal
          Fire Group so assumed no one had heard a mention of it. I saw it on
          Channel 4 that evening. They gave it about a 45 second play.
          On Nov 7, 2005, at 8:21 AM, 7142706136@... wrote:

          > Yes, we are sure!

        • Firehouse Yahoo
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 7, 2005
            http://www.riversideca.gov/fire/

          • Mark Thurman
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 7, 2005
              I knew a couple of young Macias' that lived in Brea that were headed for the fire service. Any relation?