Re: [SoCalFire] LAX Fire Info

  • ST
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
      Live Oak IC is a "compost heap fire" that has been burning since 5am and I'm suprised I keep hearing units dispatched to the loc, Elm IC was a well involved house fire happened around 12pm. NFD. Tac for Live Oak IC is 154.295Mhz Tac-7/State
      white channel.
    • Bryan Herbert
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
        Last spring we had a compost heap fire here in Newhall that made
        headlines nationwide. The fire took a week to put out and at the end it
        was discovered that the fire had burned material possibly containing
        arsenic so all the firefighters that fought the fire had to undergo
        medical evaluations.

        ST wrote:

        > Live Oak IC is a "compost heap fire" that has been burning since 5am
        > and I'm suprised I keep hearing units dispatched to the loc, Elm IC
        > was a well involved house fire happened around 12pm. NFD. Tac for Live
        > Oak IC is 154.295Mhz Tac-7/State
        > white channel.

        Bryan Herbert KE6ZGP (661) 714-2611
        25006 Walnut St #2 Newhall, Ca. 91321
        http://www.geocities.com/b_herbert_91321/index.html
        AIM: EAVE5DR0P / ICQ: 23631907 / Yahoo: LovinU4Life
      • firecall@pacbell.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
          THANKS FOR THE INFO.

          ST wrote:

          > Live Oak IC is a "compost heap fire" that has been burning since 5am and I'm suprised I keep hearing units dispatched to the loc, Elm IC was a well involved house fire happened around 12pm. NFD. Tac for Live Oak IC is 154.295Mhz Tac-7/State
          > white channel.

          Click here for Free Video!!
          http://www.gohip.com/free_video/
        • ST
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
            Isn't there a rather large brush fire in your area or has it been put out? Not much action for summertime. And it's hot!
          • ST
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
              I remember that incident.
            • firecall@pacbell.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
                I remember that incident also. There was smoke in the Newhall area for days.I
                think it lasted a week or so.When I heard later that the fire was burning
                arsenic materials and the FFs were experiencing medical problem, I'm glad I
                decided not to go to that incident.

                Brent