Freq info - Valencia/Santa Clarita

  • Jake Hickok
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2001
      Hi everybody. Family is doing a Kamakazi trip this weekend to see
      family at the end of Copper Hill Drive just north of Santa Clarita it
      looks like on the map. And I mean THE END of Copper Hill Drive. Which
      looks like Bouquet Canyon. Which, according to previous traffic on
      this list - is seeing some flame action?!

      I will be there all day Saturday (with a trip to the Gene Autry (or
      Audry?) Museum or something along those lines- Woopee ;)

      I will look online and in Police Call for respective freqs but if the
      experts on this list have any specialty freqs I would LOVE to have
      them.

      Mainly looking for the lowdown on Angeles National Forest fire
      action, any other local government fire action for that area, Magic
      Mountain freqs, and where ever in tarnation the Gene Autry Museum is
      - any fire freqs for that area. ;)

      Thanks all!
      Jake - from NorCal.
      --
      ------------------------------------
      Jake Hickok Red Bluff, CA

      kf6kdd@...
      http://www.norcalscan.org
      Northern California Scanning and Ham Radio
      Music, Drums and Percussion, Radios, Computers
      ------------------------------------
    • Pablo Valadez
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2001
        The Gene-Autry Museum is next to the L.A. Zoo in the Griffith Park area next to the freeway 5 just south of freeway 134. This is within the boundaries of LA City so LAFD freqs are a must as the Griffith park has had a few brush fires in the past. This is also in the proximity of the city of Glendale. Glendale FD and PD would be a good Idea.

        LAFD- CH 7- 859.4375 Fire Dispatch
        LAFD- CH 9- 857.2375 Brush Responses
        Glendale FD (Verdugo Dispatch) 470.2125
        Glendale PD 482.2875
        USF ANF- 164.9350
        USF ANF- 172.3750
        USF ANF TAC- 168.200

        Glendale Galleria Mall Security ( About a mile away. Just in case) 464.4250 (RX)

        CHP. I believe is 45.300 Base 45.500 car. Not sure abut this one.

        Anyone else?

        >>> jake@... 10/12/01 10:37AM >>>
[...]

      • Smokey Behr
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2001
          Just plug in all of the LAFD and ANF channels in, plus Verdugo, and
          you'll be covered.

          The Autry museum is at the intersection of the Golden State (I-5) and
          Ventura (134) freeways. Heading south on I-5, get off on Western, and
          make a right. Get in the left lane and make a left at Victory. Follow
          Victory south(ish) across the 134, then make a left on Zoo Drive. You
          can follow the signs from there for parking and directions.

          Of course you're not too far from Universal Studios and the rest of
          the movie studio lots. They're about 2-3 miles west on the 134.

          --
          John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit
          IPN-CAL086 N5VZQ WNRW769