Re: [SoCalFire] Border IC Fire?

  • Jeff Holz
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31, 2005
      From what I heard. Residential structures were threatened at one point and Air Ops was stating that there was some outbuildings on fire. The last I heard I believe it was held at 8 acres. Traffic was on CMD 3 as well as EMA C1/T1 and I believe CDF Air/Ground.

      Peter Lent <pete@...> wrote:
      Picking up really spotty traffic on CDF Command 3 for the "Border IC"

      Most likely a fire near the Calif/Mexico border.

      Anyone have any details?

      THANKS

      Peter

      Jeff Holz
      IPN-SANOO3
      http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4228340

    • DAnny
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
        W/5 local area helos {CDF's Ramona Helitack, Clevelands 538 & 540 & Cnty's 1
        & 2} which out of area helo might you be talking about.?

        Danny

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
          Im not sure...could have been from Hemet...I missed their call sign,
          but they were talking on MVU Local trying to get all the information
          re: air to air freqs, CMD freq etc.....

          I suppose it could ve been COPTER 1 or 2 who would not have been on
          the initial dispatch...bottom line is...I really don't know...they
          were just asking a bunch of questions that would have been provided
          on the initial dispatch...

          I did see a little of the fire on the news last night. Didnt look
          like much but was embedded in a bunch of structures....

          --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "DAnny" <d952@m...> wrote:
          > W/5 local area helos {CDF's Ramona Helitack, Clevelands 538 & 540 &
          Cnty's 1
          > & 2} which out of area helo might you be talking about.?
          >

          > Danny
        • Jeff Peterson
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
            I heard that traffic on local. It was Copter 2.

            --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "sh9730" <jmcguire32@h...> wrote:
            > Im not sure...could have been from Hemet...I missed their call sign,
            > but they were talking on MVU Local trying to get all the information
            > re: air to air freqs, CMD freq etc.....
            >
            > I suppose it could ve been COPTER 1 or 2 who would not have been on
            > the initial dispatch...bottom line is...I really don't know...they
            > were just asking a bunch of questions that would have been provided
            > on the initial dispatch...
            >
            > I did see a little of the fire on the news last night. Didnt look
            > like much but was embedded in a bunch of structures....
            >

            > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "DAnny" <d952@m...> wrote:
            > > W/5 local area helos {CDF's Ramona Helitack, Clevelands 538 & 540 &
            > Cnty's 1
            > > & 2} which out of area helo might you be talking about.?
            > >

            > > Danny
          • sh9730
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
              That makes sense since Copter 1 was on that Wildcat Canyon crash at
              the same time...

              On a somewhat related topic...has anyone heard what the sheriff Fire
              Helos will be called? Will they just be like an ASTREA 6 or 8 like
              when they have special detail units up? Or will they switch to a
              more fire service related call sign?

              Finally, I havent read much yet about the protocol involved in
              utilizing the new SDSO units. Will the normal ASTREA crew spend
              their day in the 500Ds and then head to the base and switch to the
              fire helos if needed? Will there be a stand-by crew? Will they be
              involved in initial dispatches? Or only called as needed when other
              resources are unavailable?

              Just curious...

              --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Peterson" <jpeterson186@h...>
              wrote:
              > I heard that traffic on local. It was Copter 2.
            • Cy Phenice
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
                to add to that can they go out side of San Diego County?

                > That makes sense since Copter 1 was on that Wildcat Canyon crash at
                > the same time...
                >
                > On a somewhat related topic...has anyone heard what the sheriff Fire
                > Helos will be called? Will they just be like an ASTREA 6 or 8 like
                > when they have special detail units up? Or will they switch to a
                > more fire service related call sign?
                >
                > Finally, I havent read much yet about the protocol involved in
                > utilizing the new SDSO units. Will the normal ASTREA crew spend
                > their day in the 500Ds and then head to the base and switch to the
                > fire helos if needed? Will there be a stand-by crew? Will they be
                > involved in initial dispatches? Or only called as needed when other
                > resources are unavailable?
                >
                > Just curious...
              • John
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
                  Danny,
                  Ramona Helitack is USFS H538. H540 is long gone. CDF
                  H303 is out of Gillespie and will likely soon go away
                  when the Sheriffs get their program up and running.
                  Then there's County Copter 2 and City Copter 1 both of
                  which are operated by SDFD, one funded by the county
                  and one by the city. So there's only 4 in the county
                  until the Sheriff is online.

                  John

                  --- sh9730 <jmcguire32@...> wrote:

                  > Im not sure...could have been from Hemet...I missed
                  > their call sign,
                  > but they were talking on MVU Local trying to get all
                  > the information
                  > re: air to air freqs, CMD freq etc.....
                  >
                  > I suppose it could ve been COPTER 1 or 2 who would
                  > not have been on
                  > the initial dispatch...bottom line is...I really
                  > don't know...they
                  > were just asking a bunch of questions that would
                  > have been provided
                  > on the initial dispatch...
                  >
                  > I did see a little of the fire on the news last
                  > night. Didnt look
                  > like much but was embedded in a bunch of
                  > structures....
                  >

                  > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "DAnny"
                  > <d952@m...> wrote:
                  > > W/5 local area helos {CDF's Ramona Helitack,
                  > Clevelands 538 & 540 &
                  > Cnty's 1
                  > > & 2} which out of area helo might you be talking
                  > about.?
                  > >

                  > > Danny

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • John
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
                    My understanding is that the SDSO helos will be
                    staffed full time. I heard that they will be called
                    Copter x when on fire assignments. I think that
                    they'll be 6 and 8 but am not sure. From what I've
                    heard they'll be on initial dispatches. My source was
                    a briefing from a SDSO Lt from the Air Wing, but
                    details were still being ironed out.

                    John

                    FYI, the call that Copter 1 was on was for a member of
                    my dept from the lifeguard division.

                    --- sh9730 <jmcguire32@...> wrote:

                    > That makes sense since Copter 1 was on that Wildcat
                    > Canyon crash at
                    > the same time...
                    >
                    > On a somewhat related topic...has anyone heard what
                    > the sheriff Fire
                    > Helos will be called? Will they just be like an
                    > ASTREA 6 or 8 like
                    > when they have special detail units up? Or will
                    > they switch to a
                    > more fire service related call sign?
                    >
                    > Finally, I havent read much yet about the protocol
                    > involved in
                    > utilizing the new SDSO units. Will the normal
                    > ASTREA crew spend
                    > their day in the 500Ds and then head to the base and
                    > switch to the
                    > fire helos if needed? Will there be a stand-by
                    > crew? Will they be
                    > involved in initial dispatches? Or only called as
                    > needed when other
                    > resources are unavailable?
                    >
                    > Just curious...

                    Discover Yahoo!