Re: [SoCalFire] Re: Southern California Fuels

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
      The thing to remember is that there's still tons of
      drought stressed veg out there. Lots of it will never
      recover.

      I went to a seminar a couple of months ago where one
      of the speakers predicted complete pine stand
      replacement in SoCal in the next 20 years.
      Interesting given that the same speaker also very
      accurately predicted the outcome of the 2003 fire
      season.

      John
      --- Gavin Plasschaert <gavnjules@...> wrote:

      > As of last week, the Chamis Fuel Moisture in the
      > Ventura area was
      > already dropping. This is about 2 months earlier
      > than when it usually
      > does. This year will be more Grass & Desert fires
      > this year. Probably
      > see most fires in the 1, 10 hour fuel moistures &
      > not as much in the
      > 100 & 1000 Fuel Moistures.
      >

      > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Nichols"
      > <squirl_nutzipper@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I was driving along highway 62 this afternoon
      > between interstate 10
      > > and the Morongo Grade. The 1 hour fuels in this
      > area are already
      > cured
      > > and the wind was blowing.. A fire in this area
      > would burn 1000+ right
      > > now given current conditions. Going to be a
      > significant season!

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • tom
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
        this is the 4th day in the row here in arizona desert that we have had a dew point hit into single digits and the rh hit single digits with winds over 20 mph and temps in the 80's

        join my groups below !!!