brush fire in camarillo

  • rcrob2005
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
      units on scene of a 1 acre brush fire on a hill above Channel Island
      university in camarillo.
    • maniac5285
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
        --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "rcrob2005" <rcrob2005@y...> wrote:

        > units on scene of a 1 acre brush fire on a hill above Channel Island
        > university in camarillo.

        it is warm, dry and windy out there. but everything is still green.

        How long, given the current weather pattern - warm and dry -
        interspersed with periods of offshore winds - will it take for all
        this green grass in socal to turn brown? A month? More?

        Also, is this fire season going to see more veg fires due to the large
        grass crop?
      • Mike Meadows
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
          --- maniac5285 <maniac28@...> wrote:

          > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "rcrob2005"
          > <rcrob2005@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > units on scene of a 1 acre brush fire on a hill
          > above Channel Island
          > > university in camarillo.
          >
          > it is warm, dry and windy out there. but everything
          > is still green.
          >
          > How long, given the current weather pattern - warm
          > and dry -
          > interspersed with periods of offshore winds - will
          > it take for all
          > this green grass in socal to turn brown? A month?
          > More?
          >
          > Also, is this fire season going to see more veg
          > fires due to the large
          > grass crop?
          >
          > The current weather wont last long enough to give us
          any problems. Grass is very heavy in all areas and
          should start turning brown in may (my guess) We'll
          probably have many large grass fires but how this
          translates into heavy brush fires is anyones guess.
          I think the brush fire season will get off to a
          late start due to all the rain we've had but, as
          always, we will most probably get our share of large
          brush and grass fires,
          This is always hit or miss. I've seen the pros say
          "look out" many years and nothing happened. But, on
          the other hand, I've also seen them say it will be a
          mild season and it all went to hell. So who knows. We
          will have an above year for large grass fires though.
          Mike

          http://personals.yahoo.com