iso

  • corbinknox
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 11, 2005
      What is the ISO rating for San diego fire deparment?

      what is a class rating like what LA has?Does san diego have one?

      what does the B rating for san diego airport fire dept?

      Are this ratings good?
    • Los Angeles Fire Department
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 11, 2005
        --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "corbinknox" <corbinknox@y...>
        asked several questions, including...

        > What is the ISO rating for San diego fire deparment?

        Along with the information at their excellent website:

        http://www.sandiego.gov/fireandems

        ...you can obtain an official answer by contacting their
        Headquarters staff at (619)533-4300 during normal business hours.

        > what is a class rating...

        http://www.iso.com/products/2400/prod2403.html

        Does san diego have one?

        Yes.

        > what does the B rating for san diego airport fire dept?

        Lindbergh Airport is served by a station of the City of San Diego FD
        and not a separate department. You can also obtain official
        information about that facility and services provided via the SDFD
        telephone number above.

        > Are this ratings good?

        That is both a matter of opinion and perspective.

        Corbin, I've been impressed with your enthusiasm about the Fire
        Service. You certainly have many questions. I know that my friends
        at SDFD welcome visitors at their stations. If it is age appropriate
        and of interest to you, you may also wish to look into a Fire
        Service Explorer program near you:

        http://www.learning-for-life.org/exploring/fire/index.html

        If that is not of interest or applicable to you, you might also wish
        to consider joining a Fire Buff organization in or near the San
        Diego area. Such groups meet periodically to discuss many of the
        issues you have expressed an interest in. Often times these clubs
        will have high-ranking fire officials at their meetings to discuss
        future plans and answer questions. If there is not yet a Fire Buff
        club in your area, you might wish to start one. To learn more:

        http://www.ifba.org

        Corbin, I hope this helps.

        Best wishes,

        Brian
      • wayne johnston
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 11, 2005
          Brian How did San diego fire deparment get an
          Explosive Device Team? That's normally police or
          military. They're the first FD I've seen with a bomb
          squad!!
          <beh9593@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------

          --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "corbinknox"
          <corbinknox@y...>
          asked several questions, including...

          > What is the ISO rating for San diego fire deparment?

          Along with the information at their excellent website:

          http://www.sandiego.gov/fireandems

          ...you can obtain an official answer by contacting
          their
          Headquarters staff at (619)533-4300 during normal
          business hours.

          > what is a class rating...

          http://www.iso.com/products/2400/prod2403.html

          Does san diego have one?

          Yes.

          > what does the B rating for san diego airport fire
          dept?

          Lindbergh Airport is served by a station of the City
          of San Diego FD
          and not a separate department. You can also obtain
          official
          information about that facility and services provided
          via the SDFD
          telephone number above.

          > Are this ratings good?

          That is both a matter of opinion and perspective.

          Corbin, I've been impressed with your enthusiasm about
          the Fire
          Service. You certainly have many questions. I know
          that my friends
          at SDFD welcome visitors at their stations. If it is
          age appropriate
          and of interest to you, you may also wish to look into
          a Fire
          Service Explorer program near you:

          http://www.learning-for-life.org/exploring/fire/index.html

          If that is not of interest or applicable to you, you
          might also wish
          to consider joining a Fire Buff organization in or
          near the San
          Diego area. Such groups meet periodically to discuss
          many of the
          issues you have expressed an interest in. Often times
          these clubs
          will have high-ranking fire officials at their
          meetings to discuss
          future plans and answer questions. If there is not yet
          a Fire Buff
          club in your area, you might wish to start one. To
          learn more:

          http://www.ifba.org

          Corbin, I hope this helps.

          Best wishes,

          Brian

          To contact the list owner, send an e-mail to
          SoCalFire-Owner@yahoogroups.com

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          document.write('');

          Terms of Service.

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
        • John
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 12, 2005
            Brian may be able to clarify this, but I was under the
            impression that ISO did not rate cities with a
            population over 100,000 or so. Maybe it's a little
            more. Either way, I don't think San Diego or LAFD is
            rated anymore.

            John
            <beh9593@...> wrote:

            > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "corbinknox"
            > <corbinknox@y...>
            > asked several questions, including...
            >
            > > What is the ISO rating for San diego fire
            > deparment?
            >
            > Along with the information at their excellent
            > website:
            >
            > http://www.sandiego.gov/fireandems
            >
            > ...you can obtain an official answer by contacting
            > their
            > Headquarters staff at (619)533-4300 during normal
            > business hours.
            >
            > > what is a class rating...
            >
            > http://www.iso.com/products/2400/prod2403.html
            >
            > Does san diego have one?
            >
            > Yes.
            >
            > > what does the B rating for san diego airport fire
            > dept?
            >
            > Lindbergh Airport is served by a station of the City
            > of San Diego FD
            > and not a separate department. You can also obtain
            > official
            > information about that facility and services
            > provided via the SDFD
            > telephone number above.
            >
            > > Are this ratings good?
            >
            > That is both a matter of opinion and perspective.
            >
            > Corbin, I've been impressed with your enthusiasm
            > about the Fire
            > Service. You certainly have many questions. I know
            > that my friends
            > at SDFD welcome visitors at their stations. If it is
            > age appropriate
            > and of interest to you, you may also wish to look
            > into a Fire
            > Service Explorer program near you:

            http://www.learning-for-life.org/exploring/fire/index.html

            > If that is not of interest or applicable to you, you
            > might also wish
            > to consider joining a Fire Buff organization in or
            > near the San
            > Diego area. Such groups meet periodically to discuss
            > many of the
            > issues you have expressed an interest in. Often
            > times these clubs
            > will have high-ranking fire officials at their
            > meetings to discuss
            > future plans and answer questions. If there is not
            > yet a Fire Buff
            > club in your area, you might wish to start one. To
            > learn more:
            >
            > http://www.ifba.org
            >
            > Corbin, I hope this helps.
            >
            > Best wishes,
            >
            > Brian

            http://my.yahoo.com
          • Los Angeles Fire Department
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 12, 2005
              --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, John <thefishmail@y...> wrote:

              > Brian may be able to clarify this, but I was under the
              > impression that ISO did not rate cities with a
              > population over 100,000 or so.

              While I can't speak for ISO, I can see that there are many large
              cities (with populations exceeding 100,000) on their Public
              Protection Classification roster.

              > Either way, I don't think San Diego or LAFD is rated anymore.

              The LAFD has an ISO rating. While I can't be certain that San Diego
              FD wishes to be engaged on the issue, the LAFD refers such inquiries
              directly to ISO.

              Brian
            • John
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 12, 2005
                Interesting... perhaps another myth shot all to hell.
                I have no idea if the SDFD has a rating any longer. I
                do know that we're going for accreditation, but I
                can't remember with which organization. It'll be
                interesting to see if we in fact receive accreditation
                after 25 years of neglect by the city council.

                John
                <beh9593@...> wrote:

                > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, John
                > <thefishmail@y...> wrote:
                >
                > > Brian may be able to clarify this, but I was under
                > the
                > > impression that ISO did not rate cities with a
                > > population over 100,000 or so.
                >
                > While I can't speak for ISO, I can see that there
                > are many large
                > cities (with populations exceeding 100,000) on their
                > Public
                > Protection Classification roster.
                >
                > > Either way, I don't think San Diego or LAFD is
                > rated anymore.
                >
                > The LAFD has an ISO rating. While I can't be certain
                > that San Diego
                > FD wishes to be engaged on the issue, the LAFD
                > refers such inquiries
                > directly to ISO.
                >
                > Brian

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Brian Humphrey
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 12, 2005
                  John:

                  You are certainly in tune. Accreditation has been an issue at the LAFD as well. Still more questions than answers at this point on that matter.

                  Brian

                  >>> thefishmail@... 2/12/2005 3:05:17 PM >>>

                  <beh9593@...> wrote:

                  > --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, John
                  > <thefishmail@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Brian may be able to clarify this, but I was under
                  > the
                  > > impression that ISO did not rate cities with a
                  > > population over 100,000 or so.
                  >
                  > While I can't speak for ISO, I can see that there
                  > are many large
                  > cities (with populations exceeding 100,000) on their
                  > Public
                  > Protection Classification roster.
                  >
                  > > Either way, I don't think San Diego or LAFD is
                  > rated anymore.
                  >
                  > The LAFD has an ISO rating. While I can't be certain
                  > that San Diego
                  > FD wishes to be engaged on the issue, the LAFD
                  > refers such inquiries
                  > directly to ISO.
                  >
                  > Brian

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Brian Humphrey
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 13, 2005
                    Though I am by no means an expert about San Diego or its Fire Department (that city being 116 miles south of Los Angeles), the question was nevertheless asked of me.

                    Without getting into to specifics, I think it safe to say that the San Diego Fire Department is in many ways unique. While explosive ordinance disposal is indeed the province of Law Enforcement and Military officials in most of the USA, there are a handful of Fire Departments that have either chosen or been asked to provide such services. It is far from common, but does indeed exist.

                    Brian

                    >>> ftgfire@... 2/11/2005 8:47:12 PM >>>

                    ---------------------------------

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 13, 2005
                      San Diego FD has a unique and award winning arson
                      squad. Called the Metro Arson Task Force (MAST), the
                      team consists of firefighters, police officers, ATF
                      agents and members of several other agencies. Even
                      the firefighter/investigators are sworn peace officers
                      and carry weapons. The bomb guys are a natural
                      offshoot of that group. All of the EOD techs are
                      firefighters.

                      John
                      (who's 116 miles south of Brian)

                    • captscott
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 13, 2005
                        Ontario has/had one too.

                        Scott
                        <beh9593@...> wrote:

                        ---------------------------------

                        --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "corbinknox"
                        <corbinknox@y...>
                        asked several questions, including...

                        > What is the ISO rating for San diego fire deparment?

                        Along with the information at their excellent website:

                        http://www.sandiego.gov/fireandems

                        ...you can obtain an official answer by contacting
                        their
                        Headquarters staff at (619)533-4300 during normal
                        business hours.

                        > what is a class rating...

                        http://www.iso.com/products/2400/prod2403.html

                        Does san diego have one?

                        Yes.

                        > what does the B rating for san diego airport fire
                        dept?

                        Lindbergh Airport is served by a station of the City
                        of San Diego FD
                        and not a separate department. You can also obtain
                        official
                        information about that facility and services provided
                        via the SDFD
                        telephone number above.

                        > Are this ratings good?

                        That is both a matter of opinion and perspective.

                        Corbin, I've been impressed with your enthusiasm about
                        the Fire
                        Service. You certainly have many questions. I know
                        that my friends
                        at SDFD welcome visitors at their stations. If it is
                        age appropriate
                        and of interest to you, you may also wish to look into
                        a Fire
                        Service Explorer program near you:

                        http://www.learning-for-life.org/exploring/fire/index.html

                        If that is not of interest or applicable to you, you
                        might also wish
                        to consider joining a Fire Buff organization in or
                        near the San
                        Diego area. Such groups meet periodically to discuss
                        many of the
                        issues you have expressed an interest in. Often times
                        these clubs
                        will have high-ranking fire officials at their
                        meetings to discuss
                        future plans and answer questions. If there is not yet
                        a Fire Buff
                        club in your area, you might wish to start one. To
                        learn more:

                        http://www.ifba.org

                        Corbin, I hope this helps.

                        Best wishes,

                        Brian

                        To contact the list owner, send an e-mail to
                        SoCalFire-Owner@yahoogroups.com

                        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                        document.write('');

                        Terms of Service.