Re: [SoCalFire] I have four questions

  • mtnbiker2005
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 24, 2005
      I think Station 4 has
      1 engine, 1 water tender? or brush rig?,ALS unit.
      they trying out a ALS at Station 4 to see if it will be a good spot for one
      response time for the area.
      then having it at the other fire station. (I think there is only 3 vehicles
      there now)

      Maybe this post will make me go get the tour and take some photos of the
      inside!
      I be driving by the station in 2hours and I will check see what they have.

      But here are some photos about RSF Fire Station 4 building.

      Official Photos:
      http://www.rsf-fire.org/aroundthedistrict/time_lapse_Cielo.asp

      My Photos I took every now and then...
      http://pages.sbcglobal.net/rsf-firestation4/

      Later, Brian

      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 24, 2005
        I can try to answer # 4. San Diego will utilize Miramar Rescue 61 when there is an accident in the area of the base or north of the base or any type of rescue in that area. I believe this is why they don't have a second rescue. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong. Looking at your post again. I'll attempt # 3 as well. I think Sta. 53 has an engine and a medic unit. Unknown if they have a truck out of that station. Hope this helps.

        corbinknox <corbinknox@...> wrote:

        1. what fire trucks are at Ranch Santa Fe station two and station 4?

        2 why does san diego have no station 45?

        3what type of fire trucks does poway 53 have?

        4 does san diego need a second rescue?

        thank you for answering.This well be the last questions for a while

        Jeff Holz
        IPN-SANOO3
        http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4228340

      • Danny
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 24, 2005
          How come San Diego does not have a station 2?

          Danny

          1. what fire trucks are at Ranch Santa Fe station two and station 4?

          2 why does san diego have no station 45?

          3what type of fire trucks does poway 53 have?

          4 does san diego need a second rescue?

          thank you for answering.This well be the last questions for a while

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          .

        • Michael O'Rourke
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
            On 1/24/2005 8:14:53 PM, socalfire@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > How come San Diego does not have a station 2?
            >
            > Danny

            They had one, many years ago.

            They're planning on having a new St. 2 in the near future.
          • Don Root
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
              --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Danny" <d952@m...> wrote:

              > How come San Diego does not have a station 2?
              >
              > Danny

              The old Station 2 closed in the early 1970s when 1, 2, and 6 combined
              into the new Station 1 (HQ).

              A new Station 6 was built about 10 years later in San Ysidro.

              If I recall correctly, the new Station 2 is designated to be built in
              Mission Valley.

              Don
            • RC112576@aol.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
                they combined it with station one. It became engine 49. now engine
                201.Station 2 is being built in Mission valley it well house two
                engines,truck,medic,hazmat team (from 44),and a battlion.But the project is on hold.Lack of
                money.I could be wrong about the battilon.

              • Michael O'Rourke
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
                  On 1/25/2005 3:32:27 PM, socalfire@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                  > they combined it with station one.

                  Negative.

                  >It became engine 49. now engine 201.

                  E49 is an extra engine,
                  as SDFD has no numbering system for a 2nd engine in the same station.

                  E201 is a reserve rig, any 3 digit engine in the City is a reserve.
                  The 2nd and 3rd numbers tell you what it's replacing (usually for repairs).
                • Mike Curtis (KC)
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
                    At some point last year Engine 49 became Engine 201 ... I believe San
                    Diego is adopting a numbering scheme where 200 is added to the second
                    engine in a given station (like other agencies - Lemon Grove? LA
                    County?) This was around the time they put LARGE white numbers on all
                    of their equipment and put up outside graphics on various stations
                    around town (ie the signs on the bays at Station 1 plus the logo "The
                    Big House")...

                    I pass Station 1 every day on the way to work and Engine 49 was most
                    definitely renumbered to Engine 201 - They're not in a habit of painting
                    large engine numbers on reserve units, plus the bay in the station house
                    is labeled "Engine 201" :)

                    - Mike

                    as SDFD has no numbering system for a 2nd engine in the same station.

                    E201 is a reserve rig, any 3 digit engine in the City is a reserve.
                    The 2nd and 3rd numbers tell you what it's replacing (usually for
                    repairs).

                    To contact the list owner, send an e-mail to
                    SoCalFire-Owner@yahoogroups.com

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Jeff Peterson
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
                      Engine 201 is the second engine out of Station 1 (the old Engine 49).
                      It is staffed and is not a reserve engine. Guaranteed.

                      Jeff

                      --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Michael O'Rourke" <ruarc@s...>

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
                        --- In SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com, "Michael O'Rourke" <ruarc@s...> wrote:

                        > On 1/25/2005 3:32:27 PM, socalfire@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                        >
                        > > they combined it with station one.
                        >
                        > Negative.

                        You might want to check your facts, Michael.
                        From http://www.sandiego.gov/fireandems/about/apparatus.shtml

                        "Station 2
                        Station 2 closed in 1971 and combined with Station 1"

                        (and I was at Station 2 the day it and old Station 6 [now the museum]
                        closed.)

                        > >It became engine 49. now engine 201.
                        >
                        > E49 is an extra engine,
                        > as SDFD has no numbering system for a 2nd engine in the same station.

                        When Station 2 closed, the second engine in the house was E16.
                        E16 then moved to Station 4, before a new Station 16 was built in La
                        Jolla.

                        > E201 is a reserve rig, any 3 digit engine in the City is a reserve.
                        > The 2nd and 3rd numbers tell you what it's replacing (usually for
                        repairs).

                        Others have indicated a change in E49 to E201. I don't know. John?

                        Don
                      • RC112576@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
                          I am Sorry If I gave any wrong information.I do apolegize for that.

                        • John
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
                            And you could be wrong about the second engine. ;)
                            Unless you're counting a reserve there should only be
                            one engine going into Sta. 2. But more or less,
                            that's it.

                            John
                            --- RC112576@... wrote:

                            > they combined it with station one. It became engine
                            > 49. now engine
                            > 201.Station 2 is being built in Mission valley it
                            > well house two
                            > engines,truck,medic,hazmat team (from 44),and a
                            > battlion.But the project is on hold.Lack of
                            > money.I could be wrong about the battilon.

                            > removed]

                            http://my.yahoo.com
                          • John
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
                              Sorry I couldn't butt in sooner. I had our new brush
                              rig (the Pierce, not the S&S) at a show in Anaheim all
                              day.

                              It is as Don and other state. Engine 49 became Engine
                              201, the 2xx series to designate the second engine in
                              a station. Should a reserve be put into service at
                              a station they use that engines usual number, unless
                              that engine is already in service say on a strike
                              team. Then they use a 1xx number, i.e. Engine 118 or
                              Battalion 105. Don't ask me what happens if Engine
                              201 goes on a strike team. I have no idea!

                              And as I hinted earlier, all 4 Pierce Type 3 engines
                              are here, the 2 Pierce Light and Air's are here, the
                              S&S Ultra XT Type 3 is here and the KME Rescue and
                              HazMat are here. And the KME 75' Quint should be here
                              at the show next week. How's that? I saw that Ultra
                              XT today. Wow. What a rig.

                              John

                              http://www.sandiego.gov/fireandems/about/apparatus.shtml

                              > "Station 2
                              > Station 2 closed in 1971 and combined with Station
                              > 1"
                              >
                              > (and I was at Station 2 the day it and old Station 6
                              > [now the museum]
                              > closed.)
                              >
                              > > >It became engine 49. now engine 201.
                              > >
                              > > E49 is an extra engine,
                              > > as SDFD has no numbering system for a 2nd engine
                              > in the same station.
                              >
                              > When Station 2 closed, the second engine in the
                              > house was E16.
                              > E16 then moved to Station 4, before a new Station 16
                              > was built in La
                              > Jolla.
                              >

                              > > E201 is a reserve rig, any 3 digit engine in the
                              > City is a reserve.
                              > > The 2nd and 3rd numbers tell you what it's
                              > replacing (usually for
                              > repairs).
                              >
                              > Others have indicated a change in E49 to E201. I
                              > don't know. John?
                              >
                              > Don

                              http://my.yahoo.com
                            • Jeff Peterson
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
                                I wonder why they picked Station 14 to get the Ultra XT 6X6. I
                                realize they need a new brush rig, but a more conventional brush rig
                                (one of the Pierce rigs or a hand-me-down E-1) seems more
                                appropriate for the portion of the city that station is closest to.
                                With the high capacity water tank (2400 gallons I hear) placing it
                                at Station 43 or north city would seem logical. Maybe it is a space
                                issue with the stations.

                                Jeff

                                > And as I hinted earlier, all 4 Pierce Type 3 engines
                                > are here, the 2 Pierce Light and Air's are here, the
                                > S&S Ultra XT Type 3 is here and the KME Rescue and
                                > HazMat are here. And the KME 75' Quint should be here
                                > at the show next week. How's that? I saw that Ultra
                                > XT today. Wow. What a rig.
                                >
                                > John
                              • John
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jan 25, 2005
                                  Actually, Station 14 got picked for the *first* Ultra
                                  XT. And yes, space was an issue. I hear that the
                                  other two are going to 35's and 43's? I don't know
                                  for sure though.

                                  For those who wonder what the heck we're talking
                                  about, San Diego FD just had one of these delivered.
                                  <http://www.ssfire.com/news/blm-xt.html>
                                  Has some big changes though, like a 500 GPM pump.

                                  John
                                  --- Jeff Peterson <jpeterson186@...> wrote:

                                  > I wonder why they picked Station 14 to get the Ultra
                                  > XT 6X6. I
                                  > realize they need a new brush rig, but a more
                                  > conventional brush rig
                                  > (one of the Pierce rigs or a hand-me-down E-1) seems
                                  > more
                                  > appropriate for the portion of the city that station
                                  > is closest to.
                                  > With the high capacity water tank (2400 gallons I
                                  > hear) placing it
                                  > at Station 43 or north city would seem logical.
                                  > Maybe it is a space
                                  > issue with the stations.
                                  >
                                  > Jeff
                                  >
                                  > > And as I hinted earlier, all 4 Pierce Type 3
                                  > engines
                                  > > are here, the 2 Pierce Light and Air's are here,
                                  > the
                                  > > S&S Ultra XT Type 3 is here and the KME Rescue and
                                  > > HazMat are here. And the KME 75' Quint should be
                                  > here
                                  > > at the show next week. How's that? I saw that
                                  > Ultra
                                  > > XT today. Wow. What a rig.
                                  > >
                                  > > John

                                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                                • Craig
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jan 26, 2005
                                    What show ?
                                    Where?
                                    When?

                                  • John
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jan 26, 2005
                                      The Firehouse World show. www.firehouse.com

                                      The San Diego Convention Center.

                                      The show floor and classes are open Feb 2,3,4. I
                                      believe a pass for the exhibition floor is $15, but
                                      I'm working strictly off of memory. Be sure to stop
                                      by the San Diego Firefighter's Emerald Society booth
                                      and buy a T-shirt. I'll most likely be in class, but
                                      we need the dough! Should anyone be taking the Fire
                                      Control 3 class, look me up. I'll be an assistant
                                      instructor.

                                      John Fisher
                                      --- Craig <cwiener@...> wrote:

                                      > What show ?
                                      > Where?
                                      > When?

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                                    • paul miglin
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jan 26, 2005
                                        John wrote:

                                        > The Firehouse World show. www.firehouse.com
                                        >
                                        > The San Diego Convention Center.
                                        >
                                        > The show floor and classes are open Feb 2,3,4. I
                                        > believe a pass for the exhibition floor is $15, but
                                        > I'm working strictly off of memory. Be sure to stop
                                        > by the San Diego Firefighter's Emerald Society booth
                                        > and buy a T-shirt. I'll most likely be in class, but
                                        > we need the dough! Should anyone be taking the Fire
                                        > Control 3 class, look me up. I'll be an assistant
                                        > instructor.
                                        >
                                        > John Fisher
                                        > --- Craig <cwiener@...> wrote:
                                        >

                                        > > What show ?
                                        > > Where?
                                        > > When?

                                        <old post deleted to conserve space>

                                        yes your right about prices

                                        paul miglin
                                        idyllwild fire protection district
                                        engineer / emt
                                      • Craig
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jan 26, 2005
                                          Thanks, You had said Anaheim.

                                        • John
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jan 26, 2005
                                            Yes, I was in Anaheim yesterday for an apparatus show
                                            put on my the SoCal Pierce dealer. No biggie. Half a
                                            dozen engines, a couple of trucks, etc.

                                            JF

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jan 26, 2005
                                              Does anyone have a picture of the new light and air unit and hazmat and
                                              quint for san diego