Re: [SoCalFire] winds

  • ATSF211@ADELPHIA.NET
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 14, 2004
      Thanks Mike, I appreciate it. to be quite honest with you it does get pretty intresting when the winds are blowing really hard. Fun monitoring on the scanner!

      Mike
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 15, 2004
        Nat Weather Service has issued a high wind watch.....starting tonight through
        Friday.....looks like it will not be localized but widespread.....
      • ATSF211@ADELPHIA.NET
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 15, 2004
          This is gonna be a fun weekend, lets see what happens with the winds.
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 15, 2004
            Just started here in the San Fernando Valley. Mild winds so far but the temp just went up
            10 degrees in 15 minutes. Humidity down to 18 %.....Should be howling in an hour.
          • Ken Koller
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 16, 2004
              Ventura County is working a moderate sized 4-5 acre wind driven fire
              as of 2am here in Thousand Oaks (Actually in the hills just east of
              CSUCI)

              Ken
            • Mike
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 12, 2006
                Just an FYI. I have 20 to 25 knot east winds blowing here
                now.....don't know how long this is supposed to last but there ius a
                wind advisory out.....
              • Jim Walls
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 12, 2006
                  Mike wrote:
                  > Just an FYI. I have 20 to 25 knot east winds blowing here
                  > now.....don't know how long this is supposed to last but there ius a
                  > wind advisory out.....

                  And where is "here"?

                  No wind here in Glendora.

                  --
                  73
                  -------------------------------------
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 12, 2006
                    No wind up here in the Mountains either (Big Bear).

                    > Just an FYI. I have 20 to 25 knot east winds blowing here
                    > now.....don't know how long this is supposed to last but there ius a
                    > wind advisory out.....

                    And where is "here"?

                    No wind here in Glendora.

                    --
                    73
                    -------------------------------------
                    Jim Walls - K6CCC
                    k6ccc@...
                    Ofc: 818-548-4804
                    http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc
                    AMSAT Member 32537 - WSWSS Member 395

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    4:32 PM
                  • Mike Meadows
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 12, 2006
                      Sorry...here is in the North Hollywood area...still blowing at about
                      25 knots.....67 degrees........