29199Re: [SoCalFire] Watch Southern California Mode-S and ADS-B Traffic - Live Data
- Jun 25, 2014That is way cool... thanks!On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM, 'Brian' mtnbiker2005news@... [SoCalFire] <SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Virtual Radar Server Europe (VRS-Europe) - Custom Server for Mode-S Receivers and VRS Rebroadcast
All ADS-B aircraft will be shown on the Google Map.
Mode-S Aircraft (Military, Coast Guard, Law Enforcement/Fire helicopters, Fire Tankers, Some Los
Angeles Media helicopters, Air Force One, etc) Will be listed on the list next to the map with any
Call-Sign/Flight Number, Speed, Altitude, Squawk.
Full screen Desktop version
Full screen Mobile version
Two feeders feeding at this time in Southern California.
VRS-San Gabriel-California - Unknown receiver.
It's being feed by the RadarCape Mode-S receiver box to the VRS-Europe server.
On the top right of the map, Click on "Menu">Receiver"> Pick VRS-San-Diego-California or San
It's best to use the sorting feature on the text list side area.
Click on 'Altitude' to sort and find low flying aircraft on the top of the list to find helicopters
flying in the area.
* Duration - (Good to find surveillance aircraft aka high time = long flying time in the area)
* Operator (Air Methods Corp, City Of San Diego, Civil Air Patrol, SAN Diego Country Sheriff's Dept,
Lapd Air Support Division, etc)
* Squawk (Cal Fire aircraft will squawk 1255 (Fire Aircraft) (List sorting will come in handy)
The 'Menu>Options' has some other options available. Just need to unlock them and edit the options.
Once you setup everything correctly. Your internet browser should remember the correct settings to
use every time.
Any Friends, Family, Local Scanners Enthusiasts can view the Mode-S/ADS-B data from any
It will come in handy for the next big brush fire in Southern California. Keeping track of what fire
aircraft flying around for the fire.
* Have Fun Watching * :-)
--Check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters/
Read my blog at http://eclecticarcania.blogspot.com/
My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/derkimster
Linkedin profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kim-noyes/9/3a1/2b8
Follow me on Twitter @CalDisasters
- << Previous post in topic