29191Re: [SoCalFire] RE: Watch Southern California Mode-S and ADS-B Traffic - Live Data

  • Mark B
    Jul 3, 2014

      Hi John.

      Unfortunately,  many aircraft will not plot on their own. Their avionics either are not capable of plotting or they are not utilizing the GPS-based position information.
      I have seen one of the AA ships on the map, but they came from Porterville or somewhere up north. ADSB is not mandated until 2020.
      At this point, NICS is probably your best bet for viewing fire aircraft. I'm sure you have a login for it :)

      Mark B

      On Jul 3, 2014 12:34 PM, "John Fisher thefishmail@... [SoCalFire]" <SoCalFire@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      So are the aircraft with asterisks next to them not visible?  I'm seeing several CalFire tankers listed, as they're working the Banner Fire in Julian. But I don't see them or any helos on the map.

      Hints?

      Thanks,
      John

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic