SG-237 the coax and control cable? Smart Lock?

  • dickster187
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi
      I have had the SG-230 years ago. It had the pl 259 conection and
      control cable conection on the unit.

      Does the SG-237 coax and controol cable run 9 foot as one cable and
      then have a plcae to conect a coax PL-259 or is it just solder wires?

      Is this control cable conected at the same aproxamet place? I
      supose the shielding for both is joined some how.

      I built a smartlock for the SG-230 that worked real good, will
      this still work on the SG-237 4 wire cable.

      I supose the idea SGC had was to prevent poor conections at the
      cuppler and good RF interference to the coax and control cable.

      Thanks for reading Dick G k2zb@...
    • Bob Stephens
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        The 237 has a cable that consists of 9ft of RG58 with a PL259 on the
        end and 4 small gauge wires within a single outer layer. The coax
        and control wires enter the 237 waterproof housing via a weather
        resistant grommet/cable clamp. Its not the most brilliant connection
        technique. I suspect it is possible to open up the unit and replace
        the cables. I can't help on the Smartlock question.

        Bob
        AF9W