Re: Popped SG-230 - Update

  • yah121d
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
      Thanks all.

      Seems the tuner is okay - no damage done. I've brought it down and played on the bench, it tunes where it can, it remembers, TND line functional; no obvious burning around T1 - or T2/T3 either. Indeed all coils look clean and unused too (a few years old).

      I may have encouraged a dry joint to show itself in the radio output and it was possible I was putting out very little RF (protected o/p) and couldn't drive the '230 enough (appeared untuned). I have noticed that it does like 10W (not 3) to tune and the fold-back on the kenwood is rather keen.

      Still, at least I've seen the leds play (never thought they'd be green 'uns).
      All set for some aerial reworking over the next weekends now (and a check of the rig too!).

      NNN.