SGC-230 Schematic

  • Bill KW8KW
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008
      John,
      My unit was purchased 3 years ago. Would that be
      considered "old"? Either way, I'd love to have it. How
      does it differ?
      Bill

      >I have the schematic for the old SG-230. If that is
      > the one you need, I can
      >send you a copy. I do not think SGC supports that
      >product any longer.

      73,
      John K8OCL

      On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Bill KW8KW
      <kw8kw@...> wrote:

      > I have checked the SGC website and can't find a
      > SGC-230 schematic. Anyone know where it is? URL?
    • John Champa
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008
        This old 230 has the 6850 (?) processor.

        <kw8kw@...> wrote:

        > I have checked the SGC website and can't find a
        > SGC-230 schematic. Anyone know where it is? URL?

      • vu3mes
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008
          John my sgc sg230 is more then 9 years old working superbly and  i have a schematic on the instruction manual, if you want i can scan nd upload it for you, pls confm.

          vu3mes

          --
          73s de vu3mes
          satyan sarath
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 2, 2008
            Yes, that would be excellent!  Many fellows have requested a copy from me
            but all I have is a fax.  A copy of that is not of very good quality...readable,
            but that is about all.

            Thanks!
            John, K8OCL

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 2, 2008
              OK JOHN - JUZ GIVE ME SOME TIME, REST DONE. 73S VU3MES

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 2, 2008
                Very kind of you.  Thanks again.  John K8OCL

              • perpall@bellsouth.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 2, 2008
                  -------------- Original message from vu3mes <satyansarath@...>: --------------

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 2, 2008
                    did u get the pdf file?   vu3mes

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 2, 2008
                      Yes!  By all means!  Something in electronic form would be fantastic.
                      I have been making photocopies of my only copy of the schematic,
                      which is a fax, so you can imagine how difficult they are to read.  ;o(

                      <kw8kw@...> wrote:

                      > I have checked the SGC website and can't find a
                      > SGC-230 schematic. Anyone know where it is? URL?

                      --
                      73s de vu3mes
                      satyan sarath
                      qth link - http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=vu3mes

                    • Randy Farmer
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 3, 2008
                        >I have checked the SGC website and can't find a
                        >SGC-230 schematic. Anyone know where it is? URL?

                        The complete SG-230 schematic is contained in the downloadable pdf
                        manual file at
                        http://www.sgcworld.com/Publications/Manuals/230man.pdf. See pages 65
                        through 70 in the manual file. All the other tuners in the Smartuner
                        line have the schematics in their respective manuals.

                        The "old" version of the 230 hasn't been manufactured for about 10
                        years. All production, certainly since about 1999, uses the 68HC11
                        processor. Your unit is the "new" version if it has a serial number
                        of the format 5146XXXX.

                        73...
                        Randy, W8FN
                      • John Champa
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 3, 2008
                          Thanks Randy, but I can't get that URL to work.  Is there a typo in it?

                          I now have the old SG-230 Manual in PDF, so I am set when ever such
                          requests come in to me.  But I would much rather just send them a URL.

                          Be advised that I have never owned nor operated an SG-230, old or new.
                          I just happen to have the manual copy when people started to ask about it (HI).

                          The only smartuners I have ever used, and rather extensively, are the
                          SG-239 and SG-237...for years, and they are both still working FB.

                          Thanks and 73,
                          John K8OCL

                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 3, 2008
                            >Thanks Randy, but I can't get that URL to work. Is there a typo in it?

                            There shouldn't be. I just copied and pasted it directly from my
                            browser window.

                            1. Go to the SGC homepage at www.sgcworld.com

                            2. Hit the "Publications" button at the top of the page. You should
                            be taken to a list of downloadable files at
                            http://www.sgcworld.com/PubInfoPage.html

                            3. In the third column in the "Product Manuals" section, find the
                            "Smartuner Manuals" list.

                            4. Click on "SG-230 Smartuner" (the first entry) and it should load right up.

                            It just worked for me again, so I know all these links are current.

                            73...
                            Randy, W8FN
                          • John Champa
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 3, 2008
                              Oh yes, that works now.  The SGC Publications Page.  But that is the
                              current model of the 230.  What folks were looking for is the old model
                              with the older processor.