SG239/IC-7000

  • Mike Kreuser
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      I have an SG239 connected to an Icom IC-7000. I'd like to be able to
      use the "tune" feature on the 7000. The SGC website says the "tune"
      feature on the IC-706 will work with the 239. Can anyone tell me if it
      will also work with the IC-7000?

      Mike
      WS4Q
    • Chasey, David A
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008

        I’d recommend the http://www.ham-kits.com/Tuner1.htm interface.   I built the kit and it works great on my 7000 and on my 706 and 756 pro.

        There are some other resistor/cap interfaces that are OK for the 706, but many sources say that they should not be used with the 7000 as the interface is different and can cause problems and failures when used with the 7000.

        ...Dave – N9FN

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
          Thanks Dave, I'll check it out.

          mike