Re: HELP NEEDED DEAD SG211 (now fixed)

  • zl1boe2002
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
      --- In Smartuners@yahoogroups.com, "David H Hatch" <dhatch@...> wrote:

      > Hi Chris,
      >
      > You all taught us something there. Can you tell us, that we can avoid
      it,
      > what may have blown the diode?
      >
      > Dave - N9ZRT

      Not sure Dave, it happened during bench testing using an IC706 and a
      light bulb load. Maybe a spike from the old 706?

      Changing subject slightly, it seems a shame that the little QRP SG211
      is the only auto tuner to my knowledge that uses a 1:1 RF tranformer on
      the input side allowing the RF part of the tuner (and antenna) to be
      completely floating. Obviously better for feeding balanced feed lines
      and easy to jumper one side to ground for unbalanced feeds.

      73, Chris ZL1BOE
    • john_9v1vv
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
        But Chris was not using an antenna. Maybe it was staitic buildup on
        the light bulb dummy load :-)

        John

        --- In Smartuners@yahoogroups.com, Jim Johnson <esconditas@...> wrote:

        > Check back a few days ago and read the post on a bleed resistor to
        discharge any static build on the antenna....