Re: SG 230 Caveat Emptor?

  • co_farmer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
      I know it has been several days since your original post, but perhaps
      this will help, if you are still having problems.

      Disconnect the 12 volt power to the tuner and then run the light bulb
      test. With no power, a correctly operating SGC-230 will pass the RF
      straight through to the light bulb. If the bulb lights like it did
      when connected directly to your rig, then you know the relays are not
      stuck closed.

      Does your transceiver have an automatic shut down when the SWR is
      high? Does it have the capability of putting out about 10 watts even
      if the SWR is high? I have this problem with my ICOM 706 MKII.

      Paul, KD7HB