The New Reality Show

  • monk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2013
      This is Flash Fiction but its as close to reality as you will ever get!………………………………………………………………………………………………………

      12/12/11
      Title/theme
      The lesson's we learn on survival in a hostile environment
      Written by Joseph F.Mazzaferro
      212 Words
      The lesson's we learn on survival in a hostile environment come from many different sources take for instance have you ever watched a homeless person on the street of a large city like New York in the dead of winter? These are the invisible embarrassments our government tries to sweep under the rug. We walk down the street avoiding eye contact with them.
      Even though they are sleeping on the cold concrete ground in front of us. Some of them with a bottle of cheap wine in one hand holding their other hand out begging for money. You will find them living in cardboard boxes pillaging through garbage pails for food.
      A piece of a bagel and a half a cup of coffee, everything they own they carry in a shopping bag. It's hard to believe they started out as a man or woman with a family. Who somewhere along the way ran into a streak of bad luck?
      When his employer decided to move his factory or company somewhere that paid its employee's less then minimum wage.
      As the banks threaten to foreclose on his home, so he turned to alcoholic drinks to forget his pain only making thing worse. His wife and children left him.