HAPPY 2007!!!

  • MovieFiend
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2007

      HAPPY 2007 EVERYONE!!!

      The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness
      and the power of contemplation
      rather than upon mere survival.
      - Aristotle

      Here's hoping that you live this year to the fullest!

      Season's Best,
      Tim

    • lordshazam
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
        oh, is this group still active?  lol

        sam!

        MovieFiend <moviefiend@...> wrote:

        HAPPY 2007 EVERYONE!!!

        The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness
        and the power of contemplation
        rather than upon mere survival.
        - Aristotle

        Here's hoping that you live this year to the fullest!

        Season's Best,
        Tim

        Be sure and visit TruFan Publications
        (The home of SMALL PRESS EXTRA!,
        DC UNIVERSE, and much, MUCH more!!!)

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
          Happy New Year everyone.  Hope you found 2007 all safe & sound.

          Shawn

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Shawn Granger
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
            Hey all!

            So what are your plans for 2007?  Any sneak peeks at what you're working on?

            For King Tractor Press...the little known secret is our new line of comics.  I haven't announced it, but a leak or two have seeped out.  We've got NIPPON, GENE GARDENS, THE DEVILFISH PROJECT, and at least two other titles that will all be released in 2007.  And the kicker is that I've worked a deal with the printer to make sure they are all $2.50 or less retail.  Don't post this anywhere...it's just a SPP announcement for now.  I'm hoping to have the real PR the week before NY.  The first wave should be in the March or April Previews.

            Other than that...not much happening.  ;)

            Shawn

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • walkingmancomics@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
              This sounds real cool, Shawn.   But I think I've seen advertising for Nippon and Gene Gardens; both names seem familiar to me...  & hey, have I missed the solicitation for Devil Water 3?  Pretty sure I've now got Bones #3 on my list, but Water only up to #2.   I've put together the Jan/Feb 07 mini-comic and am about 3/4 done with March/April.  (Man, I LIKE bimonthly!).  After that, though, sigh, I really don't know what I'm going to do.  Am sorting through full sets of Musicomics and Specials, trying to imagine a 6x9 horizontal book collection.   Easy to sort out those aint about to make the cut, and a good game to figure out which issues should follow one another.  Chronologically makes poor artistic sense; creating separate sections for each title too heavily emphasizes that one group's got music, meter and rhymes, and the other aint.  So, a step better than tossing them into the air and creatin' a book of how-they-fell (maybe next time), I'm trying to create connections from the essays to the songs and back again, and such.

              Rereading your email, I'm bettin' I saw something about Nippon and Gardens in the Previews for March.  When I was lookin' for that western comic.  C'mon, gettit out thar-- the westerns readers are crying out for more than what's available.

              best wishes, and keep that tractor rollin',
              Matt
              --
              Walking Man Comics
              words, music, pictures

              From: Shawn Granger <shawnrgranger@...>

              Hey all!

              So what are your plans for 2007?  Any sneak peeks at what you're working on?

              For King Tractor Press...the little known secret is our new line of comics.  I haven't announced it, but a leak or two have seeped out.  We've got NIPPON, GENE GARDENS, THE DEVILFISH PROJECT, and at least two other titles that will all be released in 2007.  And the kicker is that I've worked a deal with the printer to make sure they are all $2.50 or less retail.  Don't post this anywhere...it' s just a SPP announcement for now.  I'm hoping to have the real PR the week before NY.  The first wave should be in the March or April Previews.

              Other than that...not much happening.  ;)

              Shawn

              Do You Yahoo!?
              http://mail. yahoo.com

            • Shawn Granger
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007

                This sounds real cool, Shawn.   But I think I've seen advertising for Nippon and Gene Gardens; both names seem familiar to me...

                That's just me pimping.  I haven't announced the price drop for those series yet.  I've been pimping GG for years...YEARS!  Family Bones #3 is in Jan. Previews...but I haven't solicited any of the books yet.  That's why I'm not sure what month they'll be ready.  You can catch The DEVILFISH PROJECT right now at http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Devilfish_Project/  I'm going to have all of these as webcomics too.  I'm testing out a theory of low cover plus webcomic to boost sales.  Right now it's only a theory, but I think you've got to try something.

                & hey, have I missed the solicitation for Devil Water 3?  Pretty sure I've now got Bones #3 on my list, but Water only up to #2.

                It looks great...AWESOME...but it's not done.  I won't solicit any book until it's in my hands.  I refuse to be another of those that have delays after delays.  I think it maybe be ready

                I've put together the Jan/Feb 07 mini-comic and am about 3/4 done with March/April.  (Man, I LIKE bimonthly!).  After that, though, sigh, I really don't know what I'm going to do.

                Very cool...bi-monthly can be hard though.  Especially when the paying jobs get in the way.  I can't wait to see some more.  BTW...don't forget to toss me anything for the website.  I'll put up more if you want.  Just tell me the order you want.

                Am sorting through full sets of Musicomics and Specials, trying to imagine a 6x9 horizontal book collection.   Easy to sort out those aint about to make the cut, and a good game to figure out which issues should follow one another.  Chronologically makes poor artistic sense; creating separate sections for each title too heavily emphasizes that one group's got music, meter and rhymes, and the other aint.  So, a step better than tossing them into the air and creatin' a book of how-they-fell (maybe next time), I'm trying to create connections from the essays to the songs and back again, and such.

                Where are you going to print that?  I might have an idea for you.  May or may not work...but maybe?  Lightning Printing...they print the LULU books without the mark up.

                What do you think?

                Shawn

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Jack Bertram
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
                  I don't really make particular New Years Resolutions, but it seems like every year that I start out the year trying to do everything better than I've done it before.  Then I slowly lose the momentum and go back to my usual routine.  All year long I keep pulling myself back up and trying again.

                  I have a mini comic coming out from Sherman Burnett.  It's one of his titles called, Matrix.  I can't remember the number right now or when it's coming out.  It's all finished and ready to go.

                  I have several projects that were started in 2006 and I am going to work on those to finish them up this year.  Many of them have been languishing for far too long.  I don't want to mention any of them now.

                  Jack