Re: samples

  • lance boucher
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
      --- In SmallPressPalaver@yahoogroups.com, terry pavlet
      <hausofdesign@...> wrote:

      Do you (Terry) have a site for your art? Would like to add a gallery
      for you on my INTER-FAN site.
      DOC
      www.inter-fan.org

      _______________
      > Get your email and see which of your friends are online - Right on
      the New Yahoo.com
      > (http://www.yahoo.com/preview)

    • lance boucher
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
        "It really reminds me what the old
        ChicagoCon WAS, not the WizardWorld (or CircusWorld of
        Freaks of overblown non-comic porn fetish fantasy con
        of unwanted beanie babies)"
        Well the beanie babies were still there but fortunately the porn
        stars were not allowed and we won't be seeing them again at the WW-
        Chicago. Were you at last years? Will you be going next?
        How many Chicago Cons have you gone to?
        DOC

        _______________
        > Get your email and see which of your friends are online - Right on
        the New Yahoo.com
        > (http://www.yahoo.com/preview)

      • Caroline Tigeress
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
          lordshazam wrote:

          > The third issue of SMALL PRESS EXTRA will be appearing around
          > Christmas and we'd thought we'd ask all you small pressers what YOU'D
          > like for X-Mas! Your wish list can include anything reasonable and
          > tangible and doesn't have to relate to comics. And, no, you can't
          > wish for Angelina Jolie. She's already on MY list! LOL!
          >
          > send those wish lists to SPE at:
          >
          > lordshazam@...

          A high-speed double sided copier. Us zinesters are funny that way...

          Caroline

          Signup at www.doteasy.com
        • terry pavlet
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
            > "It really reminds me what the old ChicagoCon WAS, not the WizardWorld ..." Well the
            beanie babies were still there but fortunately the porn stars were not allowed and we won't
            be seeing them again at the WW-Chicago. Were you at last years?
            I was last there in '05, but friends and retailers did go to '06. I hate to tell you this, the
            porn & scream queens ARE still there, just not as noticeable. I not saying I hate them and
            sound like a prude or something. but they just don't belong there. In '05, one porn queen
            was selling nipple prints and articles of clothing (little that my be) that were USED in her
            PERFORMANCES openly, up on a board behind her, with still pix. As of friends and retailers
            whom all have gone and sold there for years, stated they all are NOT going back because
            of two things. Booth prices are have now reached San Diego Con prices and all of the other
            price hikes: admission, no more free guest passes, artist alley table are three to a table
            (was two, $250 each space), no more small / indy press booths (moved into artist alley)
            and DC & Image are rumored that they are NOT coming back. As for the porn stars, they'll
            be back. Why? Because they make money for WW.

            >Will you be going next?
            To WizardWorld, I really doubt it. As previously as Professional Guest, its now $25, where
            it was FREE before.

            > How many Chicago Cons have you gone to?
            My first ChicagoCon was CC4 and went EVERY year through WW acquired ('95?) to WW '97.
            Then in '01, '03, and '05. Had tables at both CC and WW three times. Hopefully, this has
            answered your Q's.

            Enuf said-
            Terry
          • Mark Innes
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
              I must be missing something here, i just checke the 2007 WWC forms and pro reg is
              still free if you book ahead of time and artists alley is $150 for a 4ft spot and $300
              for 8ft table
              Not cheap but not what you say here either, my big reason for not buyng a table is
              there is a rather small market for indy comics there now after years of throwing away
              all that was built since the 1970s, if I can sell $75 to $90 at a Toronto Con, why cant I
              do $200 or more in Chicago??

              Despite my complaints I will be there in 2007 in some way trying to get rid of some of
              funnybooks.
              Mark I
              --- In SmallPressPalaver@yahoogroups.com, "terry pavlet" <hausofdesign@...> wrote:

              > > "It really reminds me what the old ChicagoCon WAS, not the WizardWorld ..." Well
              the
              > beanie babies were still there but fortunately the porn stars were not allowed and
              we won't
              > be seeing them again at the WW-Chicago. Were you at last years?
              > I was last there in '05, but friends and retailers did go to '06. I hate to tell you this,
              the
              > porn & scream queens ARE still there, just not as noticeable. I not saying I hate
              them and
              > sound like a prude or something. but they just don't belong there. In '05, one porn
              queen
              > was selling nipple prints and articles of clothing (little that my be) that were USED
              in her
              > PERFORMANCES openly, up on a board behind her, with still pix. As of friends and
              retailers
              > whom all have gone and sold there for years, stated they all are NOT going back
              because
              > of two things. Booth prices are have now reached San Diego Con prices and all of
              the other
              > price hikes: admission, no more free guest passes, artist alley table are three to a
              table
              > (was two, $250 each space), no more small / indy press booths (moved into artist
              alley)
              > and DC & Image are rumored that they are NOT coming back. As for the porn stars,
              they'll
              > be back. Why? Because they make money for WW.
              >
              > >Will you be going next?
              > To WizardWorld, I really doubt it. As previously as Professional Guest, its now $25,
              where
              > it was FREE before.
              >
              > > How many Chicago Cons have you gone to?
              > My first ChicagoCon was CC4 and went EVERY year through WW acquired ('95?) to
              WW '97.
              > Then in '01, '03, and '05. Had tables at both CC and WW three times. Hopefully, this
              has
              > answered your Q's.
              >
              > Enuf said-
              > Terry

            • terry pavlet
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 2, 2006
                Sure! How does one do so? What types of samples do you want? Comics? RPG? CCG? Or all
                of the above.
                Terry Pavlet

                PS-
                I do commission work as well as published material stuff.

                --- In SmallPressPalaver@yahoogroups.com, "lance boucher" <Doc0715@...> wrote:

                > Do you (Terry) have a site for your art? Would like to add a gallery
                > for you on my INTER-FAN site.
                > DOC
                > www.inter-fan.org
              • lordshazam
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 31, 2006
                  so, anyone going to be in chat tonight?  i'll swing by at 8pm EST and see if anyone else is there!

                  sam!

                  Be sure and visit TruFan Publications
                  (The home of SMALL PRESS EXTRA!,
                  DC UNIVERSE, and much, MUCH more!!!)

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • lordshazam
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 7, 2007
                    hey there, people!  chat is starting RIGHT NOW at the Dimestore Productions website (http://www.dimestoreproductions.com) so why don't you come on over and join?

                    sam!

                    Be sure and visit TruFan Publications
                    (The home of SMALL PRESS EXTRA!,
                    DC UNIVERSE, and much, MUCH more!!!)

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Lance Boucher
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 7, 2007
                      Great chat, was great to see Doc_A again.
                      DOC

                      --- In SmallPressPalaver@yahoogroups.com, lordshazam <lordshazam@...>