Toronto Comic book Expo Day 1

  • Mark Innes
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
      Hi all
      I just thought I would drop in a post before leaving for day two
      I just thougt I would say that on the first day of this convention I sold about 11
      comics, which was about more than i sold all weekend in Wizard Chicago, so maybe
      its not my comics that are unwanted, as ai was led to feel in Chicago.
      Romantic Eye is for sale here for the first time anywhere, before the website store
      even!
      I sold about 5 of those on day one, and gave away a few copies to some friends that I
      wanted to read it.
      Today Im taking a camera, maube i will post some shots if anything is interesting
      enough to warrent sharing.
      Mark
    • fanaticpress
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
        I was fortunate enough to get Romantic Eye #1 and Glass Eye #1 in the
        mail recently and I love them! I only wish I'd had a contribution in
        them! I have a new area on my web site off the NEWS page called "Allen
        Likes These Comics." I'll be adding these 2 books to that page as soon
        as I can. Keep up the great work Mark! I know that Mark sold his back
        issues of Slam Bang to help pay for the publishing of Romantic Eye #1
        (I think.) and that makes me sad, but also glad that he was able to get
        the book out!

        ---Allen
        www.fanaticpress.com
      • Mark Innes
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
          Thanks Allen

          yes its true the sales of my old small press collection went towards publishing my
          new comics.

          So I guess by putting the ad for your new slam bang in Romantic Eye helps return the
          good karma.

          By the way the comment coming right now really helps keep us going, we certainly
          arent selling a whole lot of these here funnybooks so its nice to know that there is a
          community that supports each other.

          Anyway, I hope your Slam Bang ad wasnt too small??

          I intend to put togethr an order pager and a link exchange page on my website soon
          everyone stay tuned for a banner request.
          Mark

        • jmain44@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
            You gave five away to your friends? Gee..aren't we your friends? lol.
            Anyway, I'll be PayPal-ing you for a copy soon Mark.

            Grim Jim
          • Mark Innes
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
              You are a great friend Jim!
              I am slow giving starting to send away zines through the mail due to the expense of
              postage going totally crazy in the last few years,
              the cost of sending one sheet of paper in an envelope is now almost one dollar to
              mail down south. My comic costs about $3 to send.
              If you were in person , I would give you everything for free.
              So far, Ive just sent Allen F, Larry J and Jim P a copy of R.E. in exchange for all the
              trades they gave me.
              Anyway, like I told Skeet, Im taking a while, maybe a couple of months to get these
              trades and freebies out.
              Im always open to zine trades

              and I hope to trade banners with everyone soon including you.
              Mark Innes
              apt 401 - 21 Duke Street
              Hamilton, Ontario
              L8P 1W8 Canada
              m.innes

            • jmain44@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
                Say Mark-I'll be contacting you very soon about something very important via email.  Watch for it!

                GRIM JIM
              • fanaticpress
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 3, 2006
                  I know that Mark most likely couldn't afford to send all his friends a
                  free copy. In my case I sent him a batch of my books and he is
                  returning the favor. And we are trading ads in our books. I'm sure he'd
                  send everyone a free copy if it was possible and he wouldn't have to
                  sell his kids to do it.

                  I don't want to think what it cost me to send out 50 contributor copies
                  of Slam Bang #1 vol III (200 pages.)

                  -A
                  www.fanticpress.com
                • Shawn Granger
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 5, 2006
                    Yeah...postage alone costs me an armload.  To promote the two King Tractor Press books in Diamond this month I've send out about 500 retailer packages with post cards, posters, stickers, and "Don't forget to get this in your pull list." flyers.  I am numb & only 1/2 way done.  Plus I think I didn't put enough postage on about 50 letters.  I just realized that my letters weight 1.2 ounces...I hope the USPS doesn't send them back because I went over the 1 ounce rule for .39 stamps.

                    Shawn

                    .

                  • walkingmancomics@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 5, 2006
                      Hey, Shawn,

                      Saw your listings in Diamond; ordered Family Bones through them, just to keep your numbers up (and hadn't ordered through Dimestore or you).  Curious though, as this seems to mean I can get second and third (?) issues through dimestore MONTHS before Diamond lists them.  That so?  Will that continue to be so?  Sure hope Diamond brings in a whole new population for you.

                      best wishes,
                      Matt L.

                      --
                      Walking Man Comics