Toronto Paradise Comicon Report

  • Mark Innes
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2006
      This weekend I went to the Toronto Paradise Comicon, had a good time , Saturday
      was busy, sunday was quiet, but I had a good time hanging out.

      I sold a dozen comics, traded a few, picked a couple of nice comics in trade, and
      bought some nice silver age comics for my collection.

      Just as we started packing up on Sunday, wrestler King Kong Bundy walks by and
      yacks with us at our table for a few minutes.

      They had some Canadian TV show celebs from Degrassi television series and Ed the
      Sock, the veteran host of Ed;s night party, a show that has been running on TV here
      for 16 years, John Migliore wrote a comic about Ed the Sock back in 1993 in lethargic
      Comics.

      I met a SPA comic creator thee, the artist on Redchapel , and some other creators that
      Im going to list soon.

      I showed off the pages and cover from the upcoming Rpmantic Eye comic to folks
      and people seem to think it's an attractive package.

      Lots of room and free tables, so I recommend any of you to come to this show for a
      good time.
      here is the link
      http://www.torontocomicon.com/
    • Mark Innes
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2006
        here is a link to paul McCusker's comic on comixpress, its lovely
        take a look,
        we hung out togetehr at the paradise comn this weekend

        http://www.comixpress.com/catalog/
        product_info.php?manufacturers_id=11&products_id=75

        Paul also traded me one of his new collections of his work, strips and art, with
        painted covers

        You wont be sorry if you order this comic
      • lordshazam

          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2006
            Hi sam
            Did you get your digests yet?
            I hope you think they are in good enough condition for you.
            Unfortunately, the shipping from me to Rick to you is potentially going
            to beat up the bookks but I think they should be ok, Rick and I both
            take a lot of precautions in shipping.
            mi

            --- In SmallPressPalaver@yahoogroups.com, lordshazam <lordshazam@...>

            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2006
              Hey mark!

              Actually, I just mailed out payment to Rick for those as there was some question if I needed the issue of ADVENTURE (and I do!) so he should get that by the end of the week.  I'm sure they'll be in fine condition.  I pretty much just want them to read and fill holes in my collection.  Amazing how many of these digests DC published!

              sam!