Onan HO Performer 24.

  • Bill Jeffries
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2004
      Hi,
      New to the group and would like to know if anyone in the group has
      thought about using the Onan 24HP Horizontally Opposed, 2 cylinder
      engine. Would anyone have the specs for this engine. Any
      information on this would be nice. Bill Jeffries
    • danielbk
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
        Bill Jeffries wrote:
        > Hi,
        > New to the group and would like to know if anyone in the group has
        > thought about using the Onan 24HP Horizontally Opposed, 2 cylinder
        > engine. Would anyone have the specs for this engine. Any
        > information on this would be nice. Bill Jeffries

        Hi Bill,

        The P224 is 980 cc, 24 HP, 39 lb-ft, 7.0:1 CR, and a massive 127 lbs
        despite being an aluminum block! I'd be more inclined to consider
        one of the relatively lighter V-twin OHC engines of the same HP.

        Daniel