Basic Port Matching

  • Robert Shaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
      Hi All,

      I've been busy with the round file, sand paper and polishing tip on the
      Dremel today.

      I've done some very basic port matching on the head and GX390 custom
      manifold adaptor that Brian Key generously gave to the Eggmotor cause
      (thanks Brian :o)

      I've tried to make it as free-flowing as possible for minimum time spent
      and I'm really happy with the results. They should be a good power
      increase once fitted to the little GX200.

      I've added photos to the Eggmotor forum and will probably upload a
      'dodgy' video I've made to YouTube too ;o)

      Rob

      p.s. I don't always include the '4strokeparaflyer' and
      'Small4-strokeEngines' groups in my 'Egg' posts, especially when
      regarding the little GX200 powered Eggmotor (not the Eggmonster). For
      those of you who might not be aware of current developments, I'm in the
      process of adding a flat top piston, billet con-rod, milled/ported head
      and a larger carb to the mildly tuned GX200 engine in an effort to raise
      the thrust of the 'back-pack' unit from the current underpowered output
      of 40kg (88lb) thrust up to around 47kg (104lb) hopefully.
    • Robert Shaw
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
        "p.s. I don't always include the '4strokeparaflyer' and
        'Small4-strokeEngines' groups in my 'Egg' posts"

        And I don't mean that in a nasty way.
        :o)