Re: [Small4-strokeEngines] DA-11

  • Monty Graves
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      OK how about a hint on which TTF viewer you are using, and I will take the
      search and fiddle from there. :-)

      At 06:23 PM 7/31/03 +0000, you wrote:
      >I uploaded a multi-page TIF of the Davis DA-11 into the Files area:
      >A letter, specs, 2 photos & 2 handwritten notes on the back of the
      >photos. Fiddle with your TIF viewer if you're unfamiliar with multi-
      >page image files.
      >
      >The DA-11 is a wonderful example of the possibilities of compromise.
      >

      >Daniel

    • Scott Perkins
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        here they are Monty, I've attached them to this.

        Monty Graves wrote:

        > OK how about a hint on which TTF viewer you are using, and I will take the
        > search and fiddle from there. :-)
        >
        > At 06:23 PM 7/31/03 +0000, you wrote:
        > >I uploaded a multi-page TIF of the Davis DA-11 into the Files area:
        > >A letter, specs, 2 photos & 2 handwritten notes on the back of the
        > >photos. Fiddle with your TIF viewer if you're unfamiliar with multi-
        > >page image files.
        > >
        > >The DA-11 is a wonderful example of the possibilities of compromise.
        > >Daniel

      • danielbk
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
          Monty Graves wrote:

          > OK how about a hint on which TTF viewer you
          > are using, and I will take the search and
          > fiddle from there. :-)

          You can bypass the following by getting the PDF version of the file
          that someone else was kind enough to create and upload. A minor loss
          of quality, but perfectly usable for the (poor) images contained in
          the TIF file that I had. Scott is much better qualified than I at
          singing the praises of using TIF's.

          As for your question, I use Kodak Imaging for Windows. It's already
          on most Windows machines of recent vintage:

          Try just double clicking the file after you download it

          -or-

          Start > Programs > Accessories > Imaging

          -or-

          Start > Find > Files > "Kodakimg"

          -or-

          Kodak sold it & it's supposedly no longer free, but Wang (the
          original developer) still has it available at:
          http://www.protus.com/services/download_img.cfm

          As for the "fiddling" to see multi-page TIF's (this was a great
          mystery to me since I'd never seen a multi-page image):
          Once you get the program, on the menu bar: View > Page_&_Thumbs

          There are a great many other freeware TIF viewers out there. I hear
          Ifran Viewer is highly spoken of, but it's been years since I tried
          it & don't recall much about it.

          Daniel
        • bubbasmurf@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 18, 2009
            If you haven't already seen this, some of you may find this interesting:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpDgeNcQWh0

            The clip is from an episode of Discovery's Extreme Machines, Featuring the late Leon Davis discussing the DA-11.

            Bubba