Re: [Small4-strokeEngines] Re: Some observations on small 4 stroke engines.

  • Douglas Russell-White
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi GeoB, your Polaris engine looks interesting. I searched the web, too much sites but couldn't find this engine specs, photos, sales points. Would you please help?
      Thanks in advance
      Doug

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 5, 2009
        >couldn't find this engine specs, photos, sales points. Would you please
        help?

        I give what I have. I lack a very important piece, the weight. It has a
        fairly wide power-band. Really wide for a 2-stroke. Peak is 38 hp. Huge
        amount of aftermarket support, performance parts.

        I copied the power curve from this site:
        http://www.aaenperformance.com/Power400.asp

        I am attaching it, hope this works.

        When I get more info I will post it.

        GeoB

      • GeoB
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 5, 2009
          >couldn't find this engine specs, photos, sales points. Would you please help?

          I uploaded a mess of Polaris pics to Polaris400. None of the engines belong to me. I won't be where my engine is for a while.

          GeoB
        • Adrian Peatman
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 7, 2009
            I've always wondered -why aren't there oversize /
            big-bore pistons for Rotax engines, specifically
            447? Surely no piston supplier omits to supply
            oversize pistons and rings, do they?