CAD drawings?

  • halfvw
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2009
      I was wondering if anyone could E-mail or post some CAD files of 3 views for one of the industrial V-twin engines? Or even a link where I might find some? I did a quick search of the past posts and found one reference to some Kohler CAD files, but no link. I'd really rather not have to generate my own by sketching over an imported BMP or JPG file.
      ==============
      Leon McAtee
    • Peter Walker
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2009
        Hello
        The factory sites have 3 view drawings but yiou might need to cut and paste and resize.Most drawing packs allow to cut and paste images  from one program to another
        Its probably insert image
        Peter

        I was wondering if anyone could E-mail or post some CAD files of 3 views for one of the industrial V-twin engines? Or even a link where I might find some? I did a quick search of the past posts and found one reference to some Kohler CAD files, but no link. I'd really rather not have to generate my own by sketching over an imported BMP or JPG file.

        ============ ==

        Leon McAtee

      • halfvw
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2009
          That's what I just finished doing, and it confirmed what I suspected. Looks like I have 3 choices:

          1) Real ugly cowl
          2) 1 to 1 belt drive to move prop center
          3) Invert the unit

          # 2 isn't really a viable option and I don't like ugly so that leaves an inverted V. Anyone actually done this yet for any of these little industrial motors?
          ==================
          Leon McAtee

          --- In Small4-strokeEngines@yahoogroups.com, Peter Walker <peterwalker58@...> wrote:

          > Hello
          > The factory sites have 3 view drawings but yiou might need to cut and paste and resize.Most drawing packs allow to cut and paste images  from one program to another
          > Its probably insert image
          > Peter

        • johandaelemans
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 9, 2009
            Hi Leon,

            I have CAD files of the Honda GX620 engine in AutoCAD 2005 ad in Inventor10. If I can help you with these drawings, no problem, there mine.
            You may check a bitmap export file to get an idée of the drawing here:
            http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/general-auto-conversion-discussion/5914-industrial-honda-gx620.html
            I will redraw the injection as these parts are under development.

            Regards Johan