Re: Valley Big Twin

  • Percy
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 1, 2008
      Jimmy wrote:
      "I hated it back in May when my 503's "music" stopped at 1200' agl.
      That's what you train for and why you fly from landing spot to landing
      spot. You better hope you had good flight training to help you get on
      the ground undamaged when it does happen, because if you
      fly enough, odds are it will happen. I'd rather take my chances with
      this engine than another 2 stroke."

      Good job, Jimmy. I have never had that 'opportunity' because I use
      the ABC rule: "Always Buy Continental."
      On The Other Hand. The two-cyc. can be reliable if it is maintained
      like the two-cycle it is. Treat it like a 4-cyc and "The music will
      stop."
      And thank you for the information on the Valley Big Twin. I am
      noodling a V-2 for a project. Knowing that they are available in
      Tennessee for $5K is nice to know.
      Percy in NM, USA
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 2, 2008
        http://tinyurl.com/Another-4-Stroke-Group

        Have you guys seen this yahoo group ?

        Here's a test run

        http://tinyurl.com/6jlzsy

        and a test flight

        http://tinyurl.com/6pkh9g
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 22, 2009
          What carb(s) are being used on the Valley Big Twin?