Re: Generac

  • George Bearden
    Message 1 of 66 , May 3, 2008
      > An all-electronic ignition would need to have a built-in timing
      > advance, from about TDC for hand starting, to about 30 degrees
      > advance for full rpm running. There is probably something available
      > that can do it, but probably not cheap.

      I can't be too specific, but I think if you look into small motorcycle
      electronic ignitions.. even chinese stuff, I think you will find ig.
      modules that are CHEAP and have a built in curve.

      I have several in a box that came from cheap chinese imports. As soon
      as possible I am going to hook up a timing light to investigate if mine
      are 'advance' type. Maybe look in various groups here, maybe a honda
      clone group, or scooters 'n such. Mine are from scooters and quads.
      Think a supplier of hop-up parts for lil hondas offers these things
      purdy cheap. Check out these and similar sources. You prolly will hafta
      contact them to determine which, if any, have built in advance. You
      won't need their flywheel or stator, just the CDI unit and the trigger
      jobber. I can take pics of stuff too, if it becomes important.

      GeoB

      http://dratv.com/index.html
      http://www.hooperimports.com/product.aspx?pf_id=CDI150-200
    • darrell