Re: WOW!! 70,000 of the 72hp @ 77lb engines??!!??

  • Norm Bjornstad
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2007
      Below is from Aircraft Spruce's site:
      http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/kitspages/cozy.php

      Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co. has acquired all existing inventory,
      tooling, and drawings for the prefabricated metal parts used in
      construction of the popular Cozy Mark IV aircraft. Ken Brock
      Manufacturing Co. of Stanton, CA produced the metal parts for the
      construction of the Cozy and Long-EZ aircraft since the mid-1970's
      until ceasing business operations on December 31, 2005. As the owner
      of the design rights for the Cozy Mark IV and the source for plans and
      kits, Aircraft Spruce wanted to insure that builders would continue to
      have a source for the former Brock parts, and now has the existing
      inventory in stock. There was no remaining inventory of some of the
      parts, but these parts will be available as soon as new production
      sources are established.

      Ron wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Ken Brock manufacturing closed it's doors permanently this
      summer. A few different folks are tooling up to supply some of the
      Cozy and Long-ez parts that Brock had been supplying. Lot's of info
      available on the canard aviators group.