Diesel conversion

  • flymetro
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2006
      Just gotta tell you all!

      I finished up the Vortex 5 HP diesel conversion to my sons Briggs 5
      hp gocart! What a riot! The comparison is nill, my buddy wanted to
      race me in his stock chinese 5hp model until I let him drive mine
      first. He backed out and said there will be no race, you will win!

      TORQUE, vegetable oil and more torque. I thought it seemed to go
      kinda fast so I had the wife clock me in the car. 35 MPH! I know
      it is not that fast but with direct steering it is fast enough for
      me and my kid, after all he is the one I did it for ;-)

      I can highly recommend converting to the little chinese single
      lunger! I cannot wait to get the larger 3-wheel car that is in the
      works going, because I think it will run fast carry two adults and
      still get about 100 MPG.

      If there is interest I might even post a picture or two.

      The biggest problem now is knowing wheteher the boy is out riding
      the Gocart or if the neighbors are putting on a BBQ.

      What fun NOT to have to buy gas or diesel, when you run out of oil
      just steal the wifes Wesson!!!!

      Marty
    • Pablo Iaria
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12, 2006
        Great work!

        Keeps us informed of your progress!!

        Congratulations!

        Pablo.-

      • tmservice1096@sbcglobal.net

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12, 2006
            The 3 wheeler sounds like a keen project Marty. Tell us about it. Any
            pictures to share? Cammy

          • flymetro
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 18, 2006
              Tom:

              These engines are the ones you find on Ebay for about $300 - $700
              depending on what you get. They are a great little machine I got
              mine from seller zjig and cloud company.

              I am actually thinking about importing a 20 HP version of the same
              motor that has pressurized oil system for my other project. They
              will cost about $1100-1300 delivered to the states. Will see as
              details progress.

              Marty

              --- In Small4-strokeEngines@yahoogroups.com, <tmservice1096@...>
              wrote:

              > Marty, where can the little 5HP diesel engine be purchased at ?
              Tom

              7/10/2006

            • flymetro
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 18, 2006
                Cammy:

                The tree wheeler is still in the making, the model was done as a 4-
                wheeler, but I am changing to 3 to make it a motorcycle.

                Basically, it is a Suzuki 185 frame linked to a custom made front
                end and a 10 HP diesel single lunger. I will get some pics on the
                site when it is presentable.

                Marty