Re: Flightstar or similar

  • liteflyt
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 1, 2013
      > Darrell Mazzoline <dagwodzz@...> wrote:
      >
      > Just got these in. My re-drive man sent me these yesterday.
      > Here he is mocking up the spacing for the new re-drive.
      > The new system uses a wider belt to help hold the additional
      > HP as development on the motor progresses.
      >
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/13761775@N00/sets/72157634859336454/
      Just an observation, classically, the belt grip area on the
      smaller (drive) pulley is the limiting function,which asks the question,
      why is a guide roller closing around the larger pulley rather
      than the smaller pulley? Belt Flap? Can't be tension as there is
      no observable preloading or dampening mechanism.

      Curious,
      Rodger
    • Darrell Mazzoline
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 1, 2013
        Hi Roger,
          This is a redesign of an existing Valley PSRU. I have been running this for over a year without slippage. The idler is a tensioner/ dampener.
        When Gene designed my "bracket"aka backing plate. I was dealing with a predetermined prop location. His bracket is not as tall placing the idler closer to the crank pulley. As he made the bracket taller it took the idler with it. Gene did not compensate on the idler arm as he expanded the bracket. This new groove pattern along with the wider belt should hold the power just fine as the narrower belt had no slippage issues. We are looking to make the idler arm longer to get the pulley closer to the crank pulley. These photo were just some shots he sent me to show progress and discuss ideas.

                                                                           DAG