2013 Alternative Engine Roundup

  • Patrick P
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20 4:43 PM
      Friends,

      The Alternative Engine Roundup is a little over two weeks away.

      Saturday, June 8th, 2013 is the date.

      CONTACT! Magazine has been sponsoring a free fly-in for the past 10 years. It's moved around a little, and in 2011 it moved once again. But this year it will continue to be held in conjunction with the Golden West Fly-in (as it was for the past two years) located in Marysville (Olivehurst), California (KMYV) and will be held on Saturday, June 8th, 2013. The Golden West Fly-in on the other hand will be all three days, June 7th – 9th and they permit camping if you are so inclined.

      And as usual, it's FREE for those who elect to exhibit their plane, project, or engine with us.

      http://www.ContactMagazine.com/roundup.html

      The catch? In order for it to be free, you must fly in (or trailer in) with an experimental aircraft that has an "alternative engine" and be willing to put it on display with the others. This will entitle you and the occupants who flew in with you to attend the fly-in for free- but you must preregister.

      And for those of you who have an experimental (data plate removed) hot-rod Lycoming, Continental, or any number of non-certified, non-auto conversion engines (UL, Jabiru, Hirth, Deltahawk, etc.) we consider those an "alternative engine" too.

      Please visit http://www.ContactMagazine.com/roundup.html for preregistration information.

      If you are flying-in with an aircraft powered by a Subaru, Corvair, Rotary, Honda, Geo/Suzuki, Ford, Chevrolet, or any other auto conversion and would like to present a forum (or even if you are currently building one and can't bring it- or CAN bring it on a trailer), please contact me. Editor@... We'd love to include you in the fun!

      And so that those who are unable to make it to the show this year won't feel left out, here's some free stuff: http://www.contactmagazine.com/FreeLunch.html

      --

      If you receive more than one of these notices, please accept my humble apology. It most likely means that we are on more than one of the same email lists.
      And PLEASE help us spread the word by forwarding this note to anyone you think might benefit from this information.

      Thanks!

      Patrick Panzera
      Editor@...
      www.ContactMagazine.com

      The next issue of CONTACT! Magazine is seriously delinquent but we hope to have it in hand in time for this event.
    • Patrick P
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2013
        Friends,

        The Alternative Engine Roundup is this weekend!!!

        Saturday, June 8th, 2013 is the date.

        CONTACT! Magazine has been sponsoring a free fly-in for the past 10 years. This year it will continue to be held in conjunction with the Golden West Fly-in (as it was for the past two years) located in Marysville (Olivehurst), California (KMYV) and will be held on Saturday, June 8th, 2013. The Golden West Fly-in on the other hand will be all three days, June 7th – 9th and they permit camping if you are so inclined.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2013
          LAST CALL!

          Join us at the Alternative Engine Roundup this weekend!!!

          Saturday, June 8th, 2013 is the date.

          If you've already registered but have not received your placard for getting in for free, PLEASE email me and let me know!

          If you'd like to present a forum, we can still accommodate you!

          If you've not yet registered, now's the time!