Re: Ace Aviation Redrive

  • Kev A
    Message 1 of 13 , May 7 3:31 PM
      Shallow dish high compression pistons
      Billet con rods
      High lift roller tipped rockers
      Stainless exhaust valves
      'rev kit' (valve spring packers)
      Billet valve caps
      K&N air filter adaptor to carb
      Carb from 990 cc/61" engine
      Open out manifold and polish ports
      38" per cylinder tuned length exhaust tubes
      8° more advance mounting plates on ignition coils
      Thinner head gaskets
      Chevy grind cam

      All from Al Hodge of Performance Vee Twins, NC.

      Only thing of his I don't recommend is the plate under the inlet elbow to join up the manifold tracts, caused bad running, keep the inlet tubes separate

      Cheers

      Kev

      --- In Small4-strokeEngines@yahoogroups.com, william esker <wldbl55@...> wrote:

      > I assume your Vanguard was originally the 23hp twin. Other than stripping it down and removing the governor, what else gave you the 30 hp? I'll look thru the postings too.  Bill

    • william esker
      Message 2 of 13 , May 7 4:32 PM
        Thanks for the info. I watched all your vids, especially liked the English channel one. With all those changes, any issues with overheat? I see you kept all the shrouding. How many hours so far? Two of my friends are using 1/2 VW's, but I like the idea of using a motor with a starter and electrical production. I am currently using a Kaw 440a, on my Weedhopper. Any reason you picked the B&S, vs Honda, Kohler or Generac?  Bill

        38" per cylinder tuned length exhaust tubes
        8° more advance mounting plates on ignition coils
        Thinner head gaskets
        Chevy grind cam

        All from Al Hodge of Performance Vee Twins, NC.

        Only thing of his I don't recommend is the plate under the inlet elbow to join up the manifold tracts, caused bad running, keep the inlet tubes separate

        Cheers

        Kev

        --- In Small4-strokeEngines@yahoogroups.com, william esker <wldbl55@...> wrote:

        > I assume your Vanguard was originally the 23hp twin. Other than stripping it down and removing the governor, what else gave you the 30 hp? I'll look thru the postings too.  Bill

      • william esker
        Message 3 of 13 , May 9 3:11 PM
          Hey Kev, after reading all your posts and watching all the vids, I have a couple more questions. How many hours are on it now? What pitch is the prop set at?. and what climb rate do you get on a standard day?[sea level/70f]. I'm really think of doing this on my Weedhopper!, Thanks, Bill