Re: Video of Kohler VTwin

  • Kev A
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2013
      A Weber has accelerator pumps, so will always give a faster pickup than the fixed jet unit that industrial engines use.

      In a fire pump or tiller that engine will be asked to run at pretty constant revs, with the butterflies opening to vary torque output as load increases, so the stock carbs ironically are actually better suited for aviation running at constant rpm.

      Norm's setup would be dream in a lawn mower racer or tractor-puller, the rapid pickup would also really suit a weightshift (Rogallo) as the foot throttle is dabbed a lot when landing to adjust attitude and so on.

      Certainly sounds hot; has it go the plastic camshaft gear that some tuners complain about?

      Kev

      PS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ0IYnGNfH8