Re: 4 stroke

  • bhurlbutt2
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 1, 2012
      From TCDS A-759:

      XXII - Model 7ACA, 2 PCLM (Normal Category), Approved April 30, 1971
      Engine
      Franklin 2A-120A or 2A-120B
      Fuel 100/120 minimum grade aviation gasoline
      Engine Limits For all operations, 3200 r.p.m. (60 hp.)
      Airspeed Limits Level flight or climb
      Glide or dive
      Propeller Limits See Item 21 - Propeller and Propeller Accessories
      (For fixed pitch
      wood propeller)
      C.G. Range (+10.9) to (+21.5)
      95 m.p.h. (83 knots) True Ind.
      129 m.p.h. (112 knots) True Ind.
      Diameter: not over 60 in., not under 58.5 in.
      Empty wt. None
      C.G. Range
      Maximum Weight 1220 lb.

      From TCDS E24EA (lost the formatting but the data is there)

      I. MODELS
      TYPE
      RATINGS
      Wytwornia Sprzetu Komunikacyjnego (WSK) "PZL-RZESZOW" - Spolka Akcyjna (SA)
      ul. Hetmanska 120
      35-078 Rzeszow
      Poland
      2A-120-A
      2A-120-B
      2A-120-C
      2HOA Horizontally-Mounted Direct Drive
      Maximum Continuous hp, r.p.m., at:
      Sea level pressure altitude
      2A-120-C1 2A-120-D
      Minimum grade aviation gasoline
      LUBRICATING OIL
      OIL GRADE
      above 40øF ambient air temp.
      below 40øF ambient air temp.
      COMPRESSION
      Bore and stroke, in.
      Displacement, cu. in.
      Compression ratio
      -- -- -- --
      60-3200
      Takeoff
      hp, r.p.m., full throttle at:
      Sea level pressure altitude
      FUEL
      60-3200 -- -- -- --
      100/130 -- -- -- --
      MIL-L-6082 or -- -- -- --
      MIL-L-22851
      SAE 50 -- -- -- --
      SAE 30 -- -- -- --
      4.625 x 3.5 -- -- -- --

      --- In Small4-strokeEngines@yahoogroups.com, Mike Dean <mdean@...> wrote:

      > Say wha....?
      >
      > I remember the Aeronca C-3, with the twin cylinder engine. But it weren't nowhere near 60 ponies. In fact it was an Aeronca engine. And around 35 horses, if i recall correctly.

    • John Zissa
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 13, 2012

        The $2500 is just the conversion kit, not an entire engine.

        John