14126Re: [Small4-strokeEngines] Advice on Mikuni pump and B&S engine [1 Attachment]

  • Norman Heistand
    Mar 7, 2014
      Since you appear to have electric start you must have a battery. Just get an electronic fuel pump at your local auto parts store. The way to mount a mikuni pump is to connect the diaphram to the crankcase (above the oil line) so you get vacuum to pulse the pump. The pump also has fuel in and fuel out on the other side of the diaphram. The briggs will probably only lift fuel about 1 foot since the crankcase vacuum is weak.

      Norm Heistand  my .02

      On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 4:54 AM, <amro2343@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from amro2343@... included below]

      Hi guys,
      I would like to have your advice on a small Mikuni fuel pump I am using.  Does anyone have advice how to connect it properly to my Briggs and Stratton?  It needs to pump the fuel  from 1 meter (3ft) below.  I tried several ways, but when the fuel level is getting low it stops.  (and I glide)
      Like to hear from you, thanks!
      Evert
      mail cornet@...

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic