Re: [Slovak-World] Israel awards more Slovaks

  • Amanda
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2004
      What wonderful news!

      Especially to the granddaughter of one of their "Righteous Gentiles"!

      My grandmother was awarded the honour in 1995, 30 years after her death for
      saving the lives of two Jewish women who lived in one of the upstairs rooms
      for about 7 months. The younger (daughter) of the two, went on to become
      one of the first female High Court Judges.

      Amanda
      Boulder, Western Australia