Re: [Slovak-World] Scam or what

  • pjjano@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
      why ask for air fare to the moon or something like that someone will by it

    • john peterson
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
        what in the hell are you talking about??????????????????

        pjjano@... wrote:why ask for air fare to the moon or something like that someone will by it

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Bill
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 11, 2004
          Hello David,
          These type of scams, including this one have been around for many,
          many years, even for at least the last 15 years on the internet.
          They eventually ask for your bank or credit account number. There
          are many evil people lurking on the web. Return addresses (headers)
          are regularly forged. Email has made it very inexpensive to flood
          mailboxes with this stuff. Governments, International law, police
          and technology still fail miserably to control it all.

          Until recently, most scams were coming from refugee camps in
          Nigeria. The good relief workers thought they were doing the people
          a favor by providing them access to computers by which to learn new
          skills.

          The most important thing you can do is to ignore the solicitation.
          Don't even reply to the email or the webmaster. Just proves you're
          alive and you'll get more.

          The second most important thing is to have a public and a private
          email address. Don't post your private address on forums, including
          this list. They are regularly harvested.

          Lastly, have a sense of humor. Here http://www.scamorama.com/ is an
          awesome collection of scams (you'll find your favorite there) and
          incredibly funny stories of people who scam the scammers. The first
          time I read a few of the stories I had to stop, the tears in my eyes
          from laughter were too much!

          Bill Tarkulich