Re: [Slovak-World] Scam or what

  • agp@telerama.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 7, 2004
      Yep .. it is a scam. 100% Grade A fraud. Once you provide your bank account
      details they do have ways to clean you lock, stock, and sinker! Believe me
      .. I work for a bank, and it CAN happen.

      Your best bets are to forward it to the local field office of the fbi. Goto
      www.fbi.gov and get the email address there -- for example ours is
      pittsburgh@....

      You may also wish to forward it to abuse@... and
      postmaster@... although given that they are registered in Hong
      Kong you may not get any action.

      Of course .. it you have a bit of a sprite in you, you may want to play the
      guy for a fool, and string him along with a bunch of BS like some people
      have. Goto

      http://www.419eater.com/

      and read on ....

      One of the best is The Tale of The Painted Breast which was actually
      documented by BBC Radio. Its on:

      http://www.419eater.com/html/joe_eboh.htm

      Tony P
    • David
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 7, 2004
        Paul, I get the other crap from Africa, but this was the first time I got
        this type of junk. I found it sort of intriguing. But, not enough to email
        them any info. I just wonder what they are up to? The bottom line is
        probably they want to utilize our bank accounts. Like get into them and
        clean them out.
        Dave

      • pjjano@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
          why ask for air fare to the moon or something like that someone will by it

        • john peterson
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
            what in the hell are you talking about??????????????????

            pjjano@... wrote:why ask for air fare to the moon or something like that someone will by it

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Bill
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 11, 2004
              Hello David,
              These type of scams, including this one have been around for many,
              many years, even for at least the last 15 years on the internet.
              They eventually ask for your bank or credit account number. There
              are many evil people lurking on the web. Return addresses (headers)
              are regularly forged. Email has made it very inexpensive to flood
              mailboxes with this stuff. Governments, International law, police
              and technology still fail miserably to control it all.

              Until recently, most scams were coming from refugee camps in
              Nigeria. The good relief workers thought they were doing the people
              a favor by providing them access to computers by which to learn new
              skills.

              The most important thing you can do is to ignore the solicitation.
              Don't even reply to the email or the webmaster. Just proves you're
              alive and you'll get more.

              The second most important thing is to have a public and a private
              email address. Don't post your private address on forums, including
              this list. They are regularly harvested.

              Lastly, have a sense of humor. Here http://www.scamorama.com/ is an
              awesome collection of scams (you'll find your favorite there) and
              incredibly funny stories of people who scam the scammers. The first
              time I read a few of the stories I had to stop, the tears in my eyes
              from laughter were too much!

              Bill Tarkulich