Re: [Slovak-World] Scam or what

  • kmz
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 7, 2004
      I found this address on my Earthlink fraud page.

      Http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/fraud/idtheft.html

      I haven't tried it so let me know if it works.
      Katherine

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 7, 2004
        Paul, I get the other crap from Africa, but this was the first time I got
        this type of junk. I found it sort of intriguing. But, not enough to email
        them any info. I just wonder what they are up to? The bottom line is
        probably they want to utilize our bank accounts. Like get into them and
        clean them out.
        Dave

        At 05:20 PM 9/7/2004 -0400, you wrote:
        >David,
        >
        > I get these every day - pure BS. I doubt it would do any good to
        >report it, as there's little teeth in international law to nail these
        >dorks who are sending it. Best advice is to tell everyone you know to
        >simply delete this crap.
        >
        >Paul
        >
        >David wrote:
        >
        > >Hi All: I just received this latest scam through my email. I would like to
        > >know where I can report it? It sounds innocent enough, but we all know,
        > >they want to get into your bank account or what ever. I want to report it
        > >before some gullable senior falls for it. Any help would be appreciated.
        > >Dave
        > >ATTN:Please,
        > >I am Donald Kevwe. I represent Grand Import and export company, we export
        > >raw materials like cocoa, palm kernel, etc from Africa to foreign
        > >companies in Europe and America for production of household products.
        > >Our Head office is in the UK and presently we are trying to expand to
        > >America, for we do not have an office there presently, hence we are
        > >searching for companies or agents that can work with us for the expansion
        > >of our network. We have debtors presently in the USA and Canada that are
        > >owing the firm, and because we do not have an office or agent in the
        > >US at present we are having difficulties in clearing our money because
        > >they only pay through checks as you know. What we need now is an agent
        > >that can help clear such checks and will be paid 10% of whatever he/they
        > >clear from the total amount of money being paid . The rest will be sent
        > >to our designated office as we may deem fit. If you are willing to be our
        > >partner in this please send your mailing details and phone numbers via
        > >e-mail to us addressed to Donald Kevwe, so that we can proceed with
        > >this transaction and have our clients send the check to you.I await your
        > >response.You may respond to donald_kevwe_****@....
        > >Regards and Bless you.
        > >Yours Sincerely,
        > >Donald Kevwe.
        > >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Paul Wolsko
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 2004
          David,

        • agp@telerama.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 7, 2004
            Yep .. it is a scam. 100% Grade A fraud. Once you provide your bank account
            details they do have ways to clean you lock, stock, and sinker! Believe me
            .. I work for a bank, and it CAN happen.

            Your best bets are to forward it to the local field office of the fbi. Goto
            www.fbi.gov and get the email address there -- for example ours is
            pittsburgh@....

            You may also wish to forward it to abuse@... and
            postmaster@... although given that they are registered in Hong
            Kong you may not get any action.

            Of course .. it you have a bit of a sprite in you, you may want to play the
            guy for a fool, and string him along with a bunch of BS like some people
            have. Goto

            http://www.419eater.com/

            and read on ....

            One of the best is The Tale of The Painted Breast which was actually
            documented by BBC Radio. Its on:

            http://www.419eater.com/html/joe_eboh.htm

            Tony P
          • pjjano@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
              why ask for air fare to the moon or something like that someone will by it

            • john peterson
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
                what in the hell are you talking about??????????????????

                pjjano@... wrote:why ask for air fare to the moon or something like that someone will by it

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Bill
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 11, 2004
                  Hello David,
                  These type of scams, including this one have been around for many,
                  many years, even for at least the last 15 years on the internet.
                  They eventually ask for your bank or credit account number. There
                  are many evil people lurking on the web. Return addresses (headers)
                  are regularly forged. Email has made it very inexpensive to flood
                  mailboxes with this stuff. Governments, International law, police
                  and technology still fail miserably to control it all.

                  Until recently, most scams were coming from refugee camps in
                  Nigeria. The good relief workers thought they were doing the people
                  a favor by providing them access to computers by which to learn new
                  skills.

                  The most important thing you can do is to ignore the solicitation.
                  Don't even reply to the email or the webmaster. Just proves you're
                  alive and you'll get more.

                  The second most important thing is to have a public and a private
                  email address. Don't post your private address on forums, including
                  this list. They are regularly harvested.

                  Lastly, have a sense of humor. Here http://www.scamorama.com/ is an
                  awesome collection of scams (you'll find your favorite there) and
                  incredibly funny stories of people who scam the scammers. The first
                  time I read a few of the stories I had to stop, the tears in my eyes
                  from laughter were too much!

                  Bill Tarkulich