Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Slovak Festival Sponsored by the Clveland Slovak Radio Clu...

  • steve love
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2004
      How close is Melbourne,FL? Melbourne is on the East Coast of Florida and Tampa is on the West...Thank you :)

      sandman6294 <sandman6294@...> wrote:--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, steve love <steve_love33@y...>
      wrote:
      > are there any Slovak festivals close to Tampa Florida ever?
      >
      > e.gernat@a... wrote:

      How close is Melbourne,FL?

      "Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:12:21 -0500
      Subject: [Slovak-World] CZ-SK picnic

      The 3rd Annual CZ-SK picnic in Melbourne, Florida, took place Sunday,
      March 16. It was a foggy morning as we started setting up. It was
      fun watching a couple of the guys cook slanina over the grill before
      getting to work. This was a covered dish event with all sorts of
      Czech
      & Slovak food and klobasy on the grill.

      The DJ livened up the picnic with his humor and ability to get people
      to mix. Around 120 people attended. It was great hearing our kind
      of
      music playing in the county park. Dancing on grass went O.K. as
      well!

      You can see pictures of the picnic at:"

      http://www.wmatchet.com/picnic04/index.html (I updated the URL to
      this years picnic 2004 - RU)

      Julia Matchett"

      RU

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Matchett
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2004
        Hi, I just got cable back on today so I could access the internet and
        saw Steve Love's question re Slovak festivals close to Tampa, FL.
        There's one that is the first weekend in March right near Tampa in Gulf
        something. Can't remember the name of the town. I'll let you know.

        Also, the same day, there's Slovak Day at Slovak Garden in Winter Park,
        FL.

        Then March 11 to 13, 2005, there will be a Czech-Slovak Heritage
        Festival at the American Czech Slovak Club in North Miami, FL

        Then the next Sunday after that festival will be the 5th Annual
        Czecho-Slovak picnic in Melbourne, FL (God willing and the river don't
        rise!).

        Hurricane Frances made a mess of my town. Had to evacuate so we drove
        to Atlanta. Happy to find our house intact upon return. Many still w/o
        power. Julia M.