OT Snow cover in Sidney Australia?

  • Claudia Medvik
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2004
      I heard that hail came down so hard in Sidney Australia, that there was enough to look like snow, maybe a few inches. I've seen pictures of a guy snowboarding thru the slush. Is this true?

      Claudia

    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2004
        At 05:15 AM 7/09/2004, you wrote:
        >I heard that hail came down so hard in Sidney Australia, that there was
        >enough to look like snow, maybe a few inches. I've seen pictures of a guy
        >snowboarding thru the slush. Is this true?
        >
        >Claudia

        Yes it is true. Have a look at the pictures on the Sydney Morning Herald site.
        http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/2004/09/05/1094322637810.html

        Nick
      • Nick Holcz
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2004
          Totally off topic. but I thought you may like to see two photos of
          thunderstorms over Sydney Australia which produced so much hail that people
          could snowboard on it. Claudia asked if this was true and i sent a url with
          pictures, but these are of lightning and are more spectacular. They are on
          the Yahoo site , just sign on and go to photos.

          Nick