Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak Festival Sponsored by the Clveland Slovak Radio Clu...

  • steve love
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2004
      are there any Slovak festivals close to Tampa Florida ever?

      e.gernat@... wrote:

      -------------- Original message from StarStuff361@...: --------------
      SURE THER'S THE FESTIVAL AT PITT UNIVERSITY THE FIRST SUNDAY IN NOVEMBER. A VERY FINE ONE AT THAT EDIE

      > ....this sounds wonderful !!!
      > ...is there every anything closer to Pittsburgh?
      > Robin H.
      >
      > << Slovak Festival Sponsored by the Clveland Slovak Radio Club
      > Sunday September 5, 2004
      > 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm >>

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2004
        ....thank you very much Edi.........Robin H.

        << SURE THER'S THE FESTIVAL AT PITT UNIVERSITY THE FIRST SUNDAY IN NOVEMBER.
        A VERY FINE ONE AT THAT EDI >>
      • sandman6294
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6, 2004
          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, steve love <steve_love33@y...>
          wrote:
          > are there any Slovak festivals close to Tampa Florida ever?
          >
          > e.gernat@a... wrote:

          How close is Melbourne,FL?

          "Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:12:21 -0500
          Subject: [Slovak-World] CZ-SK picnic

          The 3rd Annual CZ-SK picnic in Melbourne, Florida, took place Sunday,
          March 16. It was a foggy morning as we started setting up. It was
          fun watching a couple of the guys cook slanina over the grill before
          getting to work. This was a covered dish event with all sorts of
          Czech
          & Slovak food and klobasy on the grill.

          The DJ livened up the picnic with his humor and ability to get people
          to mix. Around 120 people attended. It was great hearing our kind
          of
          music playing in the county park. Dancing on grass went O.K. as
          well!

          You can see pictures of the picnic at:"

          http://www.wmatchet.com/picnic04/index.html (I updated the URL to
          this years picnic 2004 - RU)

          Julia Matchett"

          RU
        • steve love
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2004
            How close is Melbourne,FL? Melbourne is on the East Coast of Florida and Tampa is on the West...Thank you :)

            sandman6294 <sandman6294@...> wrote:--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, steve love <steve_love33@y...>
            wrote:
            > are there any Slovak festivals close to Tampa Florida ever?
            >
            > e.gernat@a... wrote:

            How close is Melbourne,FL?

            "Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:12:21 -0500

            The 3rd Annual CZ-SK picnic in Melbourne, Florida, took place Sunday,
            March 16. It was a foggy morning as we started setting up. It was
            fun watching a couple of the guys cook slanina over the grill before
            getting to work. This was a covered dish event with all sorts of
            Czech
            & Slovak food and klobasy on the grill.

            The DJ livened up the picnic with his humor and ability to get people
            to mix. Around 120 people attended. It was great hearing our kind
            of
            music playing in the county park. Dancing on grass went O.K. as
            well!

            You can see pictures of the picnic at:"

            http://www.wmatchet.com/picnic04/index.html (I updated the URL to
            this years picnic 2004 - RU)

            Julia Matchett"

            RU

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Matchett
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 13, 2004
              Hi, I just got cable back on today so I could access the internet and
              saw Steve Love's question re Slovak festivals close to Tampa, FL.
              There's one that is the first weekend in March right near Tampa in Gulf
              something. Can't remember the name of the town. I'll let you know.

              Also, the same day, there's Slovak Day at Slovak Garden in Winter Park,
              FL.

              Then March 11 to 13, 2005, there will be a Czech-Slovak Heritage
              Festival at the American Czech Slovak Club in North Miami, FL

              Then the next Sunday after that festival will be the 5th Annual
              Czecho-Slovak picnic in Melbourne, FL (God willing and the river don't
              rise!).

              Hurricane Frances made a mess of my town. Had to evacuate so we drove
              to Atlanta. Happy to find our house intact upon return. Many still w/o
              power. Julia M.