good point

  • john peterson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2004
      As long its so quiet here, heres something to ponder.

      John

      Subject: Good Point!

      Think about it. A car company can move its factories to Mexico and
      claim
      it's a free market. A toy company can out source to a Chinese
      subcontractor and claim it's a free market. A major bank can incorporate
      in Bermuda to avoid taxes and claim it's a free market. We can buy HP
      Printers made in Mexico. We can buy shirts made in Bangladesh. We can
      purchase almost anything we want from 20 different countries BUT,
      heaven help the elderly who dare to buy their prescription drugs from a
      Canadian (or Mexican) pharmacy. That's called un-American! And you
      think the pharmaceutical companies don't have a powerful lobby? Think
      again! Please forward this to every person you know over age 50. It is
      an interesting point of view. Maybe this is an issue that should come
      up in the next election! Forget the 50, send it to everyone. We're all
      in this boat together.

    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2004
        At 02:49 AM 6/09/2004, you wrote:
        >As long its so quiet here, heres something to ponder.

        Yes, and as you probably know the U.S. and Australia have just signed a
        Free Trade Agreement. Australia has a Pharmaceutical Benefit Scheme which
        means that lots of expensive drugs are subsidized by the government, the
        U.S. drug companies don't like this and the danger for us is that we will
        have to pay the price that the companies want and suffer for it.

        Nick